Several Motion Lighting Apps are throwing an error when I try to edit them

@bravenel

The motion lighting apps work, but throw an error when I try to edit them. The ones that throw an error are ones that had a Group 2.0 set of dimmers/switches.

Here's the error:

This is what the log says:

This is what the Settings/Event Subscriptions/Application State values are:

Please show the ML main page for this instance.

This error has to do with Scenes. It is a known error, that is fixed in the upcoming 2.1.7 release.

Could you post the App Status page for Groups and Scenes (the parent app).

1 Like

Groups and Scenes parent app status page:

Huh - how come my groups aren't showing up in the app status?

They don't.

Notice the first entry for "registeredScenes". That's the problem. The fix cleans that list up, and prevents that error from blowing up ML.

1 Like

Just noticed that. Yup - I don't have a scene by that name. I do have the other scenes and scene transitions.

You could try one thing that might work (might not): Create a new Scene, Capture it, and hit Done. Then see if that list gets cleaned up. As long as that list has {null= it will cause the error in ML.

You can remove the Scene you create when done.

Tried it - didn't work. No worries. I can wait till 2.1.7.x before adding another ML app.

@bravenel

I can confirm deleting and recreating a scenes doesn't alway fix the problem. I have deleted any scenes with a null= and then recreated it and at first it seems the scenes gets a proper id and then sometimes it still shows null=. I tried in a RM4 rule to use that scene that had null= in an activate command to turn on my outside potlights and the command did not work and I assumed it was because of that null=.

This bug is fixed in the upcoming 2.1.7 release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Is there an ETA?

Christmas is just around the corner . . .

1 Like

Thats one lonnnngggg corner!

1 Like

I'm new to Hubitat and I'm also experiencing this issue. I see that no indication of when the fix will come out has been given. I tried contacting support the other day and received no response. Is it common for Hubitat to leave unfixed known errors for two weeks and to just not respond to support requests for native apps? It's impossible for me to get my HE setup under these circumstances. I have motion lighting apps working haphazardly or not at all that I am unable to troubleshoot due to this error. Should I just delete all the non-functioning rules/child apps and recreate them? It doesn't seem like that will solve the editing problem but would it at least help to get my motion lighting apps functional?
Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

@Eric.C.Miller @bravenel

I have been wondering where this fix is also. I have lighting automations that have been broken know for awhile waiting for this "fix". Updates were coming out regularly for awhile and now it has been almost 30 days since the last patch.

The wife keeps asking why things are not working and I just tell her the hub company is waiting to release a fix.

Upcoming 2.1.7 release.

In the interim, is there any way to manually remove the bogus Scene? I didn't find this thread until after I had tried deleting the motion lighting app and re-adding it because of this error, and can't add any motion lighting rules back now.

Technically yes. Go to Apps, and click on the cog wheel to the left of Groups and Scenes. Scroll down to registeredScenes and look in the value field for a scene with null=. This is the problem child. If you go back to the previous screen and remove that scene, the problem goes away. Problem is that if you try and recreate that scene, it may or may not get recreated with the null= again. It keeps happening to me and i think the only realy way to fix this (currently) is to delete all the scenes and delete the app. Then you will have to create the app again and rebuild all your scenes. I have way too many scenes to do this work, so I am stuck waiting for this 2.1.7 release that will hopefully fix it and not introduce more bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.