Setting up RGBGenie remote ZB-5028

from the driver if you use the set hue command with a value of 74 does it produce the expected results?

No, it doesn't change anything! Nothing in the live logs either! I guess that's the problem...Shelly expects color in different format...something must translate hue to rgb

However, I can change the color from the Shelly driver menu in two ways: RGBW and HSL (translated to RGBW afterwards). So Shelly only accepts full HSL vector, not just Hue value (same for Saturation, the only value that can be changed individually is Level).
I know it's more like a Shelly issue here, but I think there's no more support for RGBW2 with Hubitat (private or enterprise). So I'm asking you and Sean @Gnant: Is there any chance to customize the remote driver (for testing purposes) so it will send an HSL vector with last S&L values? Or maybe there is some other workaround?

not following the above

if the shelly driver doesn't respond to a hue value via setHue then the issue is with the shelly driver and it should be modified to accept and respond to the standard color commands that HE has implemented.

2 Likes

and WHO should modify this? the developer who wrote the code (on his own time) doesn't offer support anymore! Shelly only advertises Hubitat integration but they're not involved in any way. Hubitat just released 2 Shelly drivers for dimmer and switch only! I was just asking for a REAL solution in order to have my devices working!

As you know, the Shelly RGBW2 led controller has never been listed as a Hubitat compatible device.

The developer who wrote the driver you're using, Scott Grayban, has provided it to you under terms that you cannot share it with anyone. I don't know if those terms permit you to modify it yourself. If they do, you can do so. Otherwise, the only person who can modify it is Scott.

There are other developers here - maybe you could persuade one of them to re-write this driver?

My coding skills are very low, so I couldn't change the driver myself. Also, I am not the persuader type, so I couldn't possibly do that either. As I said, I was just trying to find out, from developers who contributed to this community (and probably the drivers in question), where exactly the issue lies in my scenario and what are the possible solutions.
I will open a new thread on this exact incompatibility in my scenario, with all the details and see who has any suggestions.
Thank you

1 Like

Excellent idea. Out of respect for Scott Grayban's license/terms, please don't post his code here or anywhere else.

On the plus side, thanks to staying at home due to Covid-19, I know there are several developers who have written drivers for lots of different devices in the last month or two. So, there's a good chance this device might interest someone else.

1 Like