Seriously ! Last 4 Updates keeps breaking something!

The last 4 Update keeps breaking STUFF !

Can you elaborate?

Obviously these releases went through extensive beta-testing before their release. While that doesn't mean that something didn't break, it is impossible to help your situation without details.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. We did not receive any reports of something that was broken in any of the last 4 updates. There have been reports of isolated issues with newly added features. If you'd like help with something that isn't working as expected in your system, please provide additional details of what isn't working.

4 Likes

All my zigbee Sylvania Lightify products have stop working

How are they joined to the hub?

Enable debug logging in the apps you are using to control them and on the bulb device pages, and then initiate the automations and post screen caps of the logs.

Can you control the bulbs directly from their device pages? Simple On/Off works or does not?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. You can go to the Diagnostic Tool and revert to previous version. If the update was the problem, then devices will start working again. If they are still not working after reversing the update, then likely the problem is with your Zigbee mesh.

If you have a notification in the upper right corner that your Zigbee radio is offline, please send me a private message with your hub's MAC address and we will further investigate.

2 Likes

no can't control from device

Nothing in zigbee or z-wave has been touched in a long time with the exception of the last z-wave stack update. So the likelihood of an update breaking a specific set of zigbee devices is slim to none. You can roll back your update and test though. I would also start with unplugging the lightify strips and then shutdown the hub from the settings menu then unplug power to the hub (at the wall not the hub). Leave unplugged for around 30 minutes. In the mean time power back up your lightify strips. Eventually all your zigbee devices will go into panic mode. Bring the hub back up and let things settle. See how they behave.

4 Likes

Really need you to meet us half-way with more information...particularly enabling debug logging in the apps and on the bulb device pages, and then kicking off the automations and turning them on/off from the device page, and posting screen shots of the resulting logs.

If you need help w/where to find the logs, screen caps, debug logging settings, just let us know, and @rlithgow1 will fill you in. (He's smarter than me.) :wink:

4 Likes

How do we explain the increase in the "firmware update" type messages at least 8 users are reporting ?

Please provide a screenshot of what you are talking about, and links to other users reporting it. I haven't seen this, so completely in the dark as to what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Sorry Bruce, I thought you guys had seen this already

Extra logging or increased verbosity coming from one process doesn't mean that Zigbee or Z-Wave radio firmware have been touched, that's why most users who noticed the additional logging, reported no performance issues. We are however looking into it.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What's up with all the extra Zigbee OTA traffic on 2.3.3?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.