Sensor that works unlike Zooz 4 in 1?

Anyone think this is worth a shot or just more heartache and disappointment?

I guess no one knows for sure, but I think it's at least worth trying. :slight_smile: I ordered a couple to play around with and will see how they work for me! It will at least avoid the S0 problem, since it supports S2. (I was really hoping these would be new 700-series devices; alas, they are 500.)

Rcieved 2 tday. Does report temp and humidity . Illuminance is reported but seems slow Takes a couple seconds to report. Can't yet get motion to work. But that maybe my in experience. Will play with it more tomorrow

After the pain with dealing with the 4 in 1 sensors I would wait for some real world reports before trying these.

I never got the Zooz 4-in-1 to work correctly, even when included using alternate controller to disable S0. These sensors cripple the C7 Z-Wave network after the second or third sensor is added.
Difficult to believe this isn’t something specific to the Hubitat C7 since these sensors work well with other controllers. Shame that the problem was dismissed so quickly as a device issue.

Hold off on this purchase. I have two of the older ZSE40 4 in 1s with the 500 Zwave chip set and they work great on my C5 hub. I ordered the two of the newer ZSE11 4 in 1’s with the 700 Zwave chip set knowing they were in Beta for my C7. It was more Beta than I expected, the Hubitat driver for these doesn’t have motion enabled, I am running a community driver to get the motion. The Hubitat driver really only gives you temp and humidity, no other threshold or set up parameters. Zooz is working on it with Hubitat. In addition the humidity reading is off on mine by 10% from my older 4 in 1’s as well as my Ecobbee thermostat.

3 Likes

I just got c7 on Black Friday. Started migrating from C5 to C7 and bammmm z wave kept failing for the past week or two. I could not really find out why until reading this. I have three zooz 4in 1. Unfortunately I just bought 2 more but they are the newer version with 700 chips. Does anybody know if the one with 700 chip also cause problem with C7.

I've seen so many problems with zooz I stopped buying them and instead get a sensor specific for my needs in whatever area I am focusing on. Although hard to find in stock, the Nice Ceiling Motion Senora are good in bathrooms above the bath/shower. The Samsung V2 motion sensors off eBay for sticking to metal stuff on the ceiling near entryways. Ecolink Contact Sensors on doors, and Smart thing Leak Sensors under sinks, beg and washing machines etc.

The smart thing motion sensors are re-released under aeotec and easy to find now.

3 Likes

I bought 4 of the 700 chip versions, and am using the driver that Jeff Page wrote as the in built driver, for one, wouldn't report tamper open, just kept reporting tamper closed no matter what.
Jeff's driver works great with these.
I have 3 paired and sitting together in my kitchen on a table to test, and so far my mesh seems to be stable.
We'll see if they last though.

I agree though that there are many others available that just work.

Check out this driver and tips in my driver post that @pomonabill220 is referring to. Might help you get your old ZSE40's working better. I currently have 3 of the old V2 and 1 of the new 700 chip model. All working great. [DRIVER] Zooz Sensors Advanced (ZSE40, ZSE41, ZSE42, ZSE44)

1 Like

I've never had the 500 series version of this device, but the 4 700 series ones I have are working perfectly for my uses. I really only look at the motion and humidity, I assume the temp/lux/tamper work too, but it isn't something I look at.

I've definitely had issues with some zooz devices in the past though - so I get it.

2 Likes

My 3 ZSE40 v2 (700 chip) seem to be working fine and haven't taken down my Zwave mesh (yet).
Jeff's driver seems to have made the difference, so use his driver rather than the in-built driver.

One of them, however, has a "1 pending change" still and doesn't go away even when I hit configure.
Don't know why though.

1 Like

I wont actually try to sync up until the device wakes up. So in theory, every 12 hours it should sync up if needed. If it still wont go away you could turn on the debug logging, and then force a wakeup (click the button in the hole with a paperclip). Post a screenshot, then I can see what parameter it is having problems with.

Here is a screengrab of the sensor that reports the 1 pending change after I turned on debug logging and pushed the wakeup button:

Thank you.

You have an association on group 1 set to go to node 1 and node 7. Typically this is only set to node 1 (the hub). The driver was not setup to deal with more than one association there, only if it is missing. So it keeps trying to fix it but cant.

1 Like

I noticed that in the log's last entry.
I didn't do anything special when I setup the sensor though.
How would I get rid of that? Exclude and re-include again?
This sensor I initially used the in-built driver with and then switched over to yours, so possibly the in-built set the association and it hasn't changed?

You could use my ZWave Tweaker driver and remove the node 7 from group 1: [BETA] ZWave Tweaker port from ST

Also, a full factory reset on the device (and exclude/include) should fix it, although not sure how it got there in the first place.

The link to your driver comes up private or doesn't exist.

Sorry, bad copy and paste I guess, fixed it above.

Thank you....
I went ahead and excluded/factory reset/included anyway just to make sure.
Seems to be working now!
Thank you

1 Like