Sense Energy Monitor

Unfortunately that’s a no go for my washer. It’s a German made 240v model :frowning:

I would recommend hanging on to your Aeon Labs HEM while Sense does its machine learning.

1 Like

Sounds like good advice to me

1 Like

I love my sense! 45 devices detected. When the local integration becomes available I will be super happy. The more IFTTT I can remove the better.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this. I've been interested in Sense, ever since learning about them back in Feb of 2017. Wasn't available in Canada at first, and then the price was too high. It's finally reachable and hopefully has matured significantly since then.

A local integration will be nice. I can tolerate a lot on IFTTT, but this will be one that I hope for a local integration for sure.

If local happens I can monitor my washing machine a lot better than I can now. I have some false positives due to IFTTT. Very difficult to delay and wait on the RM notification side.

2 Likes

Yep. I'll be holding onto my Aeon HEM based on @aaiyar 's advice. Hope that ultimately Sense will take over the role, but my Wife really likes the laundry notifications, despite the nagging and false positives we sometimes get due to my difficult to monitor front loader.

1 Like

I mean, I threw an HS110 on my washing machine and haven't looked back... doesn't help with Dryer, but meh.

any luck @tonesto7? Guess I wasn't sure if you were going to work on it right away. =)

I will look at it before the end of the week

4 Likes

Sorry about not getting to this. I’ve been working on the next release of echo speaks.

I have an idea with how I want to do this version on Hubitat.
I’m going to try and eliminate the server altogether

9 Likes

Installed Monday. Calibration was done next day and my Hue lights were found via the integration. Only works with the Hue bulbs, not the TRÅDFRI attached to the bridge. Typical Philips MO :roll_eyes:

Third day it found my fridge. Fourth day it found a Baseboard heater. Today, nothing. The wait is difficult, but I’m super impressed by how sensitive it’s measurements are, and the level of detail. Hope I don’t have to wait too long to see TOU options for cost analysis.

3 Likes

Thanks I was curious about that

1 Like

I installed mine at the end of August and it’s only found 15 devices. Then the past week it’s been offline and support has been slow to work with me. Having to send it in because it cannot connect to WiFi. Otherwise it’s been nice I just hope I don’t have to start over.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. 15 devices in two months is pretty good from what I’ve read. I hope to get my Microwave, Convection oven, Washer and Dryer in that time. Everything else is gravy. I’m most interested in finding out where my always on devices are. My usage for that is 174W. I have a suspicion that most of it may be my IoT stuff and my NAS. Not much I can (or rather, am willing) to do there. But maybe it’s something else contributing to a large part of it. Thankful for the data though.

Microwave, convection oven and dryer should happen within a month. Washer - I'm not so sure. But maybe they have more profiles to match devices against now ....

1 Like

Microwave, coffee maker, electric dryer, and fridges yes. Plus my outdoor heat pumps and you will be impressed... wife’s hair dryer! It also found my sump pump and one of my HVAC condensate pumps. I am really hoping it will find my hot water recirculation pump.

1 Like

Maybe. I can dream. That washer is a tough one. I watched the watt count since installing the Sense. It’s like 2-3 watts While it’s filling. It’s no wonder I’ve had to make my delays so long with the Aeotec HEM. I have a suspicion the unique signature is really the thing that’s going to help me.

1 Like

Same as mine. 2 watts while filling. But that's just a solenoid being kept open, so it makes sense.

1 Like

fwiw, I have a bunch of HS110's, one of which lives on my Washer. Works great.