Sense Energy Monitor

Seems to work ok here with the mobile app. However, I have to be careful not to inundate NR with too much data from Sense, or it crashes.

1 Like

Just curious what you may be integrating/automating with Sense? I don't have enough confidence in my device detection to feel like it could reliably be used for anything other than total kW indication.

A couple high wattage devices - electric dryer, water heaters.

Thank you very much aaiyar. Much appreciated. I will start to dive in soon.
Thanks again,
Spencer

Check out the sense forums. There are opportunities to use any energy monitor plug for integration with Sense.

I use Zooz, tp-link and topgreen plugs and integrate them into Sense. So much easier and those other plugs are easier to work with then the chunky tp
link plugs blocking the other outlet.

I didn't know that. Can you post a link please (I'm lazy!)?

DM-ED!

Anyone else who wants the links let me know

1 Like

Is this using the emulator? I’ve read that thread on the Sense Community but curious if you are referring to something else. If only Sense had a local web socket we could connect to via local IP :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yes.

I've been using Sense for a little over a year now and it's been a popular request on the community forum. The official response is always that it's possible, but low in priority, and that you should vote for it by liking this post on the product wishlist.

Yes, please!

+1, links would be awesome!

I've been following along, and tried to set up Node-Red with the (unofficial) Sense palette. As soon as I configured my Sense account, CPU spiked to 100% on my Raspberry Pi. Is your configuration similar to this, or are you doing something else?

I can't dm you

Sent!

Given interest of many could you just post links here?

Hi, can you please tell me why? Are you seeing an error message or something? My settings seem correctly checked to "Allow other users to send me personal messages"... I'm not sure if there would be any other reason why? Also, just wondering if there is any reason you can't post links here? Thanks!

This is what happens when I try.

Try DMing me

[edit] I am on a PC and I think I managed a work around. Hope you get it.

Thanks for the links to the resources.

After Node-Red setup and node-red-contrib-unofficial-sense, what is next for connecting the data to Hubitat from Sense?

@helene7t7 are you using Hubitat to emulate an HS110 to report power usage to Sense? That would be my main reason to try and integrate the two. Is this possible to do without setting up a Raspberry Pi?