Sense Energy Monitor

Pete, What is your email address? I'll pass along your information.

I love your videos!

Thanks @BrandonD! Really appreciate it.

Hi. Did you get a chance to talk to your Sense contact?

Hi all I am looking for Coupon or Discount of this device, if you have I will appreciate, The DAD50 did work.

We're currently working with Curb on a native local integration.

2 Likes

From my last conversation, they're open to integrations but they do not officially support any hubs at this time. He suggested using IFTTT

you mean? https://energycurb.com?

Yeah, that's it.

oh I take back my heart sorry...

I thought Curb was someone at sense and I jumped the gun and got excited.

1 Like

Curb is $100 more then Sense @ $299 also. I can't see myself paying that kind of money.

1 Like

Also looks like a way more complicated time consuming install, it would have to have some extremely better features to justify it.

Yes it is a very long install especially if you have a crammed panel. I had one for about a year (Kickstarter purchase) and had to remove it during an addition that required a bunch of new twin breakers. I ran out of room with all the CT clamps. Ended up selling it. The app UI wasn’t that great at that time but maybe things have improved.

I had a Brultech and a TED5000. Now I have a Sense. The Sense is by far the best one I've used. It's super easy to install, only has 2 CT clamps (unless you have solar, then it has 4), and the app is well designed and useful. The other products had a bunch more CT clamps, and in the case of the Brultech, a terrible windows app for collecting the data and storing it in a database that would routinely fill up and become useless.

That Curb thing looks neat, but that's a lot of CT's to install.

not as bad as you think, Mr. shock therapy here did this install himself in about 4 hours...
I can't imagine anyone has more twin breakers than my panel...
18 clamps in there.

1 Like

Isn't that blue box slightly out of plumb? :wink:

Very nice work in spite of the above comment.

yeah, it's on the punch list...

1 Like

Fix those cover plate screws !! Don't you see they are all wonky ??? PICK a DIRECTION !!!

LOL

I truly was kidding. Like commenting on the screw slots not lined up on someone's light switch picture. (Probably why someone came up with the hidden fastener plates).
The install is truly impressive.

1 Like

Nice...
I had to seriously resist screwless plates like I installed everywhere else in the house, but this is in the shop for god sake...

BTW, I know you live around me somewhere, c'mon over and fix them, I'll even let you borrow my screw sticks...

1 Like