Sengled RGBW 4 bulb Starter Kit $69 @ Best Buy

Best Buy has the 4 bulb RGBW Sengled Kit on sale for only $69 ($50 off). That's only $17.50 a bulb...less than the used bulb price on Amazon. And you get the Sengled hub for firmware updates or to sell on eBay (currently going for around $20). If you did that, it could bring the price down to something like $12.25 a bulb. Pretty good steal!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sengled-smart-led-multicolor-a19-starter-kit-4-pack-multicolor/6373497.p?skuId=6373497

2 Likes

$10 cheaper at Amazon.

3 Likes

How's the color reproduction and brightness on these vs Hue and are there any drawbacks to these bulbs at all?
Trying to migrate from Hue since I've maxed out on my existing hub and don't plan on adding another hub to my network.

1 Like

Color reproduction and brighness are favorable compared to Osram Lightify. Similar to the older Hue bulbs I've had.

CT range is limited (2000-6500K).

1 Like

Hmm...save $10 at Amazon or use my $20 credit from BestBuy :thinking:

4 Likes

I never go beyond that rnage in any direction so we're good there.

2 Likes

DOH!!! It wasn't the last time I looked which was just a couple days ago.

I can only speak to the color vs the Hue 2nd gen. Currently, the newest is the 3rd gen which are supposed to be better. But compared to the 2nd, these are far superior in every way. I got a ridiculously cheap deal on a 3 bulb Hue 2nd gen kit, something like $10 a bulb plus the bridge, and I kept it for less than an hour. These are much, MUCH better at color correctness and much brighter. The only complaint I have about Sengled bulbs in general is they don't go dim enough. The min dim is always a bit too high.

1 Like

I can't offer any advice on how the color reproduction compares to Hue... However, I can say these bulbs have been very reliable for me on my main HE hub. They are also Zigbee endpoints, so no repeater functionality to mess up a stable Zigbee mesh. I use Iris v2 3210-L outlets as my repeaters.

They will not pair with a Hue bridge, as they are Zigbee HA1.2 only (no ZLL support, I believe.)

2 Likes

Now here's wacky Amazon pricing for you....and i figured out why I was confused. Yes, that's prices with coupon is for the 4 pack of RGBW bulbs with the hub. But the 4 pack without the hub.....$99!

Explain that one to me! lol

Let me give Bezos a call and find out. Be back in 5.

5 Likes

And from what I have seen of other CT lights, they are fairly accurate. But I would never mix CT lights of different manufacturers in the same room anyway. Even slightly off would drive me nuts.

2 Likes

I've also never had zigbee bulbs (other than hue). Do they sync up perfectly when grouped. Is there ANY perceivable popcorning or sync issues when turning on/off/dimming?

I use three Groups of 2 bulbs (i.e. three different rooms worth of table lamps.) With the Zigbee Group Messaging enabled, there is no obvious popcorn effect.

3 Likes

My comparisons are all to Lightify. zigbee group messaging works really well with the Sengleds. I've seen very little popcorning.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys...think I'm gonna jump on this one then. Popcorning would be the deal breaker because once I notice it...I can never unnotice it and it would drive me nuts..daily.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a reason to even attempt a firmware update on these Sengled bulbs? I have a Sengled bridge buried in my pile of home automation stuff. I haven't seen a reason to even check if new firmware for the bulbs is available.Just curious... :thinking:

I did....they don't update via SmartThings and i didn't buy the Sengled hub yet since i'm only i firmware version old on one of the two RGBW bulbs I have. Current on all the soft-white regular bulbs, so i haven't bothered to pick one up yet.

Found no reason to desire a firmware update (in contrast to my now unused Lightifys). Although, these being zigbee, it is pretty easy to update the firmware and pair them back to HE without having to edit rules and other automations.

1 Like

I haven't found a method other than the Sengled bridge to do so yet. They also pair to my Conbee, so if i had the binary I could on that but I can't find the binaries online.

ALEXA WHAT HAPPENED?

4 Likes