Sengled RGBW 4 bulb Starter Kit $69 @ Best Buy

How long do the Sengleds actually last? My OSRAMs all die within about a year on average. I’m about to batch warranty again...

I have been using these Color Sengled bulbs since they were released. So far, zero failures on 8 bulbs. None have dropped off my zigbee mesh.

How long ago was that?

(jk)

:clown_face:

How stable is your power supply?

I've had 6 original Osram RGBW A19s for several years. I may have returned one (not sure).

It may help that I've two whole-house surge suppressors, and additional surge suppressors at the heat-pump compressor and air-handler.

1 Like

Amazon order history says May 28, 2018.

2 Likes

Yeah...I have had mine since shortly after that (both warm-white and RGBW) and I've had zero failures as well. I even had one that I took apart to access the zigbee module and put it back together and it still works perfectly. So, I would say the build quality is definitely high.

I’ve got some that are stable (always on) and some that are on/off. Power to those bulbs is clean, 118vAC normally. They all tend to die at about the same rate. Within the next two month I’ll have about ten more die.

1 Like

My power is at 122V .... maybe I lucked out. These bulbs have traveled from Wink, to a HUSBZB-1, to a HE C5, and now a Lightify hub ...

1 Like

Do theses bulb come on and off instantly? Or does it ramp on slowly and ramp off slowly?

We been trying to find a color bulb that will instant on and off so we could somehow make it blink a certain color for notification from HE

Went with Amazon and kept my $20 reserve...I can ALWAYS find a way to spend money at Bestbuy.
Let's hope this is the beginning of my love affair with Sengled. If not, at least I have a few folks to blame for the bad hook up. @Ryan780 @ogiewon @aaiyar I'm looking at you :eye:

5 Likes

With the native hubitat driver it's configurable. You can have a quick instant on or you can have a slow ramp to the rate you want. On and Off will always respect the setting in the driver for fade time. But setLevel can be set with each quick call. And something I didn't realize until fairly recently, if you want real instant on, do setLevel with a time of 0. Totally instant on with the Sengled bulbs.

3 Likes

That what I want .. Thank you! Ordered ..

I don't need to use the hub with HE unless I want to do a firmware update correct?

1 Like

Partially correct. You don't need the hub with HE. To do a firmware update, you would have to reset the bulb, pair to Sengled bridge, update firmware, reset the bulb again, then pair back to HE. Nice part though...with Zigbee, as long as you haven't deleted anything in HE, the bulb will slide right back into it's old slot, including all automations. So, no rebuilding.

3 Likes

As its been pointed out already... Best Buy will always price match Amazon. More importantly, Best Buy will also price adjust themselves.

I HATE AMAZON FOR THIS REASON. I ordered 500 dollars worth of GE Z-Wave switches about 3 years ago at full price. The day after the order was placed, LONG BEFORE THE ORDER SHIPPED, the price was decreased by around 20 dollars per switch i.e. a substantial savings.

Amazon would not do a price adjustment. They would not let me cancel the order. They made me wait for another 3 days for the item to ship (I refuse to pay for Prime and they penalize you if you don't by holding your orders much longer than they need to before shipping) and then shipping took 5 days. They made me then RETURN the switches and place another order.

Give me the name of a sane retail company that does not price adjust their own prices on items that are purchased in the last 30 days let alone not even shipped or billed.

I'v had SO many bad experiences with Amazon that I go out of my way to not buy things from them. And that doesn't even count how much I hate working with their effing engineers and cloud services at work. OR the bull**** they have pulled with Ring after buying the company.

But Ben, tell us how you really feel about Amazon?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

2 Likes

Yes, but will they price match a coupon. They usually just take the price with Prime.

In my experience they will price match anything you can show in stock that is not behind a paid service e.g. Prime only pricing or Costco membership. They have price matched coupons and flash sales on Amazon for me.

1 Like

Coupons only show up during checkout. Best Buy's policy is only to match the Prime price.

From the BB website under "Not Covered"

They have also gotten a lot stricter about price matching to the exact same product in recent years too. I had a SanDisk MicroSD card that matched everything right up until the packaging code. That means that the product inside is exactly the same, just in a different package. And Best Buy wouldn't price match. And we were only talking $3 I think. I bought it from Amazon just out of spite. $3 is $3 damn-it!

I did - I got a deal on the color bulbs with the hub included. Easy to just pair with the Sengled hub and update (took a while) then get rediscovered by HE. No updates for my recessed bulbs though just the standard Color+.

2 Likes

I have a box full of Sengled. I'm weird I swapped from Sengled to Hue.

The dim on Sengled was too high.

They are great reliable light bulbs but at night, my family wanted nightlight level lighting.

20% dim level on Hue equals 1% on Sengled (guesstimate)

1 Like

So I got my Sengled 4 pack today and ...the box was already open, the bulbs were already used and I'm on hold with Amazon to get them swapped. This was shipped from Amazon LLC.
Should've gone with good old BB. Amazon has become a real crap-shoot.