Sengled G2 Zigbee 3.0 Contact Sensor wont pair to C-8

trying to pair new Sengled G2 Zigbee 3.0 contact sensor to C-8, but device is never found. Any help?

This is the device -
Sengled Zigbee 3.0 Smart Door Sensor G2, Smart Sensor for Window and Door, Hub Required, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, APP Remote Control, 4 Pack(Smartthing Not Support) - Amazon.com

Model E2D-G73

1 Like

Probably won't be much help, but a while back, I was able to pair these with a C-7. However, after a day or two, they would drop off -- with no easily explanation (no smart bulbs on the network, several well-reputed repeaters, within decent range of the hub regardless, etc.). I ended up returning them within the return period.

I never tried on a C-8 (this was just before its relesae anyway), but on that model, I suppose you have a couple options. Have you tried the legacy/less-secure paring option or the avoid-Zigbee-3.0-repeaters options that are also presented on the pairing screen?

These aren't on the official list, but whether that's because they actually don't work or just because staff have never tested them, I can't say.

1 Like

Yes, I tried the various pairing options with no luck. C-8 never finds it. I fired up my old C-7 and tried pairing - they were found instantly, and identified as Generic Contact Sensor (no temp) - but did not seem to register contact activity - only reported battery.
As a Zigbee 3.0 device, I'm surprised the C-7 sees it but the C-8 does not.

For what it's worth, I have many of the older (Zigbee 1.2?) Sengled contact sensors and they are working fine on my C-8. No issues at all.

Is there anything that can be looked at? Would a device need to be sent to someone to get it added as a supported device? Do I just forget it and return it?

I guess @mike.maxwell would be the one to ask. Even before the C-8, FWIW, I took the path of just returning them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Any comments on this?

if the part number on these is E1D-G73 then these have been tested and work with a C8

No, the part# in my first post is correct.

This is it -

It's the new (G2) Zigbee 3.0 model.

@mike.maxwell Is there anything that can be looked at? Could a device be sent to someone to get it added as a supported device? Do I just forget it and return it?

I can look at the device if you send it to me but it doesnt sound good so far

I'll return it then.

I have several of these E2D-G73, and all stopped working recently. I would be happy to send you one, if it would help. I can do some additional debugging or logging if there are other pieces of information that might be helpful to figure this out first.
In my case I am using a C-5 hub, with the "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp)" driver. I had things setup and working well enough with 4 that I purchased 4 more. About a month later the contact open/closed event stopped registering in my HE applications for all 8 sensors.
I tried unregistering and pairing one to an old Sengled hub, and the open/closed status works correctly with that hub when using the Sengled mobile app (I also confirmed there is no FW upgrade available from Sengled for the sensor).

Since they once worked and now they don't points to some sort of environmental issue, as there haven't been any changes to the driver or the zigbee stack that would have this impact on your system.
So sending me one isn't going to help as it will likely work just fine.
Do you have any other zigbee devies and are they working?

Yes, I have a sengled switch, four rgb lights, and a couple innr smart plugs, all of which are working fine. The contact sensors report occasionally, but only the battery level, not open/closed status.

I have a zigbee network graph image, with the devices placed relative to physical locations if that is helpful.

When these are re-joined to Hubitat do they work?, which driver are they selecting on join?

When I had them, I could not get my C-8 to find them at all. They did join to my C-7, (generic contact sensor) but the Status only showed battery, open/close was not even listed - so maybe that is why he is only getting battery reporting. I did hit configure, but open/closed status never appeared.

so they didn't report contact status on a C7 either?

if you care to loan me one of these I'll have a look at it.
I would purchase one of these for testing, but a 4 pack at 90 bucks seems a bit rich...

I would, but I returned them after you mentioned that it did not look promising.

Hi Mike,
The "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp)" sensor driver is automatically selected. With debug logging I see a couple messages with the device, but no open/close status. I did the rejoin after healing the Zigbee network, removing the device, removing any user drivers that might have any potential to match, and rebooting the hub. The pairing happened quickly and selected the right contact sensor driver, just never showed the open/close status.

Would any debug log details be helpful?
(And I am happy to loan one of mine...the 4 pack I purchased was $40, not $90!)

no in this case they won't help.
Sure, I'd like to try borrow one.