Sengled Element Color Plus Power-On Issues After 2.2.5

Just curious if you happened to find out what was wrong @mike.maxwell? I've switched to using the Generic Zigbee RGBW but it doesn't look like color temps or colors are fully acting properly, so I'm looking forward to going back to the Sengled once its fixed. :slight_smile:

@StephenJ I was having the same problems with my Sengled Element Color Plus bulbs on the advanced RGBW driver. I think the issues resolved after I changed all of the transition/on times to ASAP

1 Like

Thanks - I'll give it a try again and see if that can get me using the Advanced successfully.

It may just be the act of changing the preferences and saving that fixes it. I had mine set to many different settings while testing and they all worked. It just seems that once the lights are used with a group, the settings no longer apply. We need a group device with adjustable settings now. @mike.maxwell you created this monster :wink:

+1 - i have my own thread with basically the same issue, with plenty of others chiming in.

FYI for anyone else following along, I noticed that today's update included releasing the legacy Sengled drivers -- I changed my bulbs back to this and it seems to work:

1 Like

thanks @StephenJ ! my hub never notified me of the update.
i've spent 3 days trying to get my !@#!@@! lighting working again. wife is over it...MUST get functionality and stability back or i'll never get another leave pass again. :frowning:

2 Likes

We all feel (and have felt) your pain...

2 Likes

I just don't understand why my Sengled color plus bulbs work perfectly with the Advanced driver. I wonder if it's because I have them all in groups.

If you have group messaging enabled, that could be it.

I only have two Sengled bulbs in place right now (had to remove the third due to WAF issues regarding the automation, not the bulb) and they work perfectly. One is used daily as a regular light next to me in the family room. The other is used primarily in a notification automation that turns it on to Red/50% if any doors/locks are open late. Neither is in a group, no group messaging. Both are the color bulbs.

The third is one of the extra bright white bulbs and it worked perfectly while it was in place.

1 Like

just an FYI, the new drivers are working for some of us. iโ€™m using the advanced RGBW driver with sengled color bulbs both individually and in groups without issue.

1 Like

Yeah, i sure as hell don't get it...

it did occur to me that most of my automations are through nodered and i will frequently specify the ramp rate. although I have no problem controlling the bulbs from the device page in hubitat also.

no idea if any of that matters.

That won't matter.

I do, but it sounds like that probably isn't it after @danabw 's post about using one light at a time. Thanks for ruining a good theory Dan :wink:

1 Like

Just want you guys to know that I'm here for you. :wink:

1 Like

And I should note that my automations weren't all just turning it on and off - they included:

Color bulb (set to CT 2750 in driver page):

• Turn on/off (via Pico and some automations)

Color bulb:

• Turn on to RGB Red/50, when turned off reset back to CT 2750/100. Event Engine Automation.

White bulb:

• Turn on 100% during the day, turn on 20% 10 PM to 6AM, both via Motion LIghting app automation. Turn on and set to 100% or 20% via button (single tap or double tap).

Now that the legacy driver is back, I've upgraded back to 2.2.5 and can use my Den as a test area for the Advanced Driver without irritating the family with the other lights. I'll report back any findings.

1 Like

LOL...same here, learned early on that I needed to find a "safe space" to try out things that were new or being dodgy. Family patience level is not very high. :slight_smile:

1 Like