Sengled Element Color Plus Power-On Issues After 2.2.5

Hello,

Since upgrading to 2.2.5, my Sengled Element Color Plus bulbs are not working properly on start up. I have these bulbs behind a smart-switch, meaning that the bulbs lose power when the switch is turned off. I've found that when the switch is off for around 10-15 minutes (meaning the bulbs aren't receiving power for 10-15 minutes), when the switch is turned back on (meaning the bulbs are receiving power again), the bulbs will often turn back off after a couple seconds.

When I look in Hubitat at the bulbs that have turned off, Hubitat shows their status as on (even though they're off). I tried enable level-staging, and pressing the configure button, and there seems to be no effect with any of these changes.

I have three of these bulbs behind one Sengled Switch, and 6 bulbs behind an Inovelli Red Series switch - I've confirmed that this has happens with both sets of lights, and also does appear to be fairly random of which bulbs are affected.

I confirmed this is something with 2.2.5 as I rolled back to the previous version and the issue went away after roll back. I did the 2.2.5 upgrade a second time, and it went back.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue and if so, a solution?

Iā€™m seeing the same behavior intermittently on some of my Sengled bulbs after upgrading. The bulbs are turned on by manual switch and will immediately turn off.

I haven't seen this, but I also changed the driver from the Sengled color plus to the Advanced Zigbee RGBW driver because it has a selectable minimum dimmer level which makes using a dimmer much less frustrating.

Happening on both my Sengled white and color bulbs when switched on after being physically powered down for a couple of minutes. Drivers are Sengled Element Classic and Sengled Element Color Plus.

I'll have a look at this.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help further or to help provide more details.

In the meantime, try the new Advanced Zigbee RGBW bulb driver in 2.2.5...I'm using it w/my Sengled bulbs, w/the Power on setting in the driver set to "On" and it behaves as expected when turned off/on from a switch that cuts power to the bulb. It has the added benefit of making the bulb faster to react to color changing. Nice. I'm not planning on going back to the Sengled driver.

2 Likes

I'm having the opposite experience. I tried the new driver with my sengled bulbs and had problems. My sengled light strip and par30 bulbs wouldn't even turn on/off reliably. Plus I like dimming them down to 1% and 2% with some automations so the 5% limit doesn't work out for me.

Did you hit Configure in the Advanced driver after changing to it? You must do that or there will be problems. When you hit Configure the driver will do several tests to your light including changing color if it's a color light. When the test stops simply turn the light off and then start using it.

Yes I did.....The only advantage i noticed was the flash option

I had to select 1s in the advanced drivers Preferences, Level transition time, to get my par30 sengled bulbs to work properly.

I liked the flash option too but it is a toggle.

I'll have to try that. pretty sure I had them set to "asap"

Working better, but the par30 bulbs don't honor the "minimum dimmer level of 5%" are you seeing the same behavior?

I haven't tried that yet.
They are fast and group together good with this driver.

1 Like

Funny, I had missed the Flash option...love it! :smiley: Glad you mentioned it.

I wish the flash option had an on and off instead of just a toggle, if you have a lot of bulbs you are trying to flash they get out of sequence (some on, some off)

All you need to do is ask Mr. @mike.maxwell and he will (when he has a moment) make it happen. :smiley:

The A19 color plus bulbs honor the minimum dimmer setting, and I have all settings set to ASAP. I did update the firmware recently on them with the Sengled hub. I don't know if that made any difference, just had some time to waste.

Anybody know the latest firmware for the Sengled par30 bulbs?

Having an on off option isn't going to fix this, they will drift over time anyway.
The only way to have them in sync would be to have them in a zigbee group and toggled on off via another means.

1 Like

How about a flash (on/off) feature in the Hubitat Group app :wink: :smiley: