Sengled E21-N1EA RGB zigbee bulb

I have no issues using these bulbs w/the Advanced Zigbee RGBW driver.

2 Likes

Awesome. Will switch it over.

Switched over. Works great. But still doesn't work in button controller. I can't control RL groups on either drivers.

Edit: could it because I'm turning the group on and off as a switch?

I disabled the actual bulbs because I want the groups to control levels and temps per time table vs making conditional statements that controls those attributes.

You should be able to turn them on/off in groups...I turn off a bunch of lights at night at one time, and that includes a Sengled bulb in my family room and one in the living room.

Post your Room Lighting or Groups and Scenes groups for the bulbs and we can see if there is anything suspicious.

Before that, can you confirm if you can control your groups from the group activator device on your Device tab. You should be able to turn the groups on/off from those activators.

Seems your right. It's not activating. The group activator device. I can't turn the groups on or off from the device(s) page. They activate in RL though.

I don't see any obvious issues...you probably want to post this to the Room Lighting topic...Bruce monitors that and will be able to help.

:crossed_fingers: Thanks, did that a few minutes ago. It would be such an easy method to just control these bulbs using webcore and avoid BC/RL for this specific room's lighting.

When I first got the hub the only reason I used RL was to make groups due to pop-corning with wifi bulbs and was the only option to make light groups.

Now that I've been able to get my whole house lighting into RL, I'm feeling confident in continuing to utilize strictly RL because it works effortlessly with my other wifi bulbs. I am hoping Bruce is able to figure it out.

1 Like

He is relatively smart. :wink: He'll get it. :smiley:

Hey would you be able to screenshot your settings for a RL group that utilizes these sengleds? I want to compare my selections for activation. Bruce mentioned to turn off force and grouping indicator. I am still troubleshooting with him, going to work on a request he had made when i get back home to confirm. Just trying to compare what I have to someone who has a working group setup.

Here ya go. I only have a few Sengled bulbs, one in the family room, one in the living room, one in our bedroom, and one each in my son's rooms. They aren't all in the same group, as I don't need to treat them all in the same manner in terms of when they go on and off. In the RL instance below, the Corner Light is a Sengled bulb.

Thanks for this.

I couldn't figure it out at all. After back and forth several times in RL thread with Bruce. I felt like I was just becoming annoying and went with a suggestion of his to just code it in BC with conditions. Was avoiding it, but ended up going that route. Bulbs work as they should and activate fine. Deleted the groups completely for these sengled bulbs.

I did re-create an RL for the room with the same temps/levels and timeline as my BC rules, just for automated transitions when time-tables adjust and lights are on or when we turn on bulbs via voice. I still need them to dim down or brighten up automatically incase my wife turns on the lights with voice and its too bright or dim. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, it's been a bit of a slog for Bruce since RL was introduced...initially there were bugs (expected w/a new app w/so much functionality) but folks (including me!) have also had issues w/understanding how all the settings and options work, so he's been barraged w/a lot of feedback. Groups and Scenes was "un-retired" along the way which I presume has helped for folks who were more comfortable w/that app.

I really like button contoller and use it for all of my automations that involve any buttons, including virtual buttons (e.g., GE/Jasco switches that a community driver enables double and triple-tap virtual buttons for) and have found that app to work very well for me too.

One way or another we will get things to work! :smiley: Onward and upwards (hopefully for WAF at least). :wink:

2 Likes

Step 3 worked for me as well (December '22). Although I swear I had to go through step 3 a total of 2 or 3 times. I'm wondering if there was a firmware/configuration push that was "waiting", which generated the 3 "R-G-B" color cycles.

(I'll try the other bulb in the 2-pack 2-pack if I can find somewhere else to put a color bulb... :wink: I'll edit this with the results when I do it.)

Ok I have been fighting the E21 Sengled RGBW bulb issue for a while, almost a year. I had 4 working with no problem. I bought 4 more for my daughters house and they just wouldn’t work. They paired fine but you could not control them. No on of off and definitely no color. Sometimes they would get a weird bluish color. I tried a number of combinations, drivers, pairing sequences, zigbee channels, different hubs, etc. I got so frustrated trying I gave up and bought some INNR bulbs but they cost about twice what the Sengled bulbs did.

Anyway. I had a box of these sitting around and my daughter wanted some more color lights for her house, so I picked up the Sengled bulbs and started diagnosis of the problem again. After about 3 hours of factory resetting and messing around here’s the solution that I stumbled on.

When you pair the NEWER E21 Sengled RGBW bulbs they appear to pair but they don’t really complete the pairing. It lies…. So factory reset the bulb. Have them close to the hub (this matters) and pair them. The hub will show they paired and they will usually get the Sengled RGBW driver. THEY ARE NOT COMPLETED PAIRING EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE. Don’t do anything else to the bulb except immediately after pairing rerun the manual zigbee pairing on Hubitat AGAIN and it will pick up the bulb and complete the pairing. Once they are complete pairing for the second time they seem to work fine.

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

I just purchased these, and come across this thread due to the same issues. What I discovered is using a button controller with “Toggle” doesn’t turn the bulb on. After further investigation it appears the bulb does not report “off” when it is off. Therefore it won’t send an “On” command to an already on bulb. At least it thinks it’s on.

Toggle is working for me with these bulbs but in RM.

You need to change the driver. the default driver is the issue. try different drivers. i have this issue on some devices and find different drivers tend to work better. I think they lumped some device signatures into certain drivers without complete testing/verifications.

I've been fighting with one of these bulbs for a couple of months now - not sure what changed, but it would not consistently take commands (had been using Sengled Element Color Plus driver). I could turn it on and make it GREEN, but I could not make it RED. I tried playing with Set Color as well as Set Hue (0) and Set Sat (100) - just didn't want to work. It also could be turned on/off, but on device page it would not properly report on/off.

I tried the Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb driver today - still didn't want to completely work. Switched to Sengled Element Color Plus (legacy) driver and it is now working as expected - will continue to observe.

FYIW I use this bulb in a lamp in my garage to let drivers know if the garage door is open/opening (green) or getting ready to close (red). Just hate it when close routine starts before car is all the way in the garage, LoL.

Make sure after you change to the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver you click "Configure" I am running 36 of these on that driver with great success.

1 Like

Yep, I had configured it - didn't work 100% but the (legacy) driver does work, so I'm good.

2 Likes