When you get to it, consider the Odroid single-board computers. While they don't offer the versatile support that you get with RPis for hardware projects, they are very solid performers that beat the RPi for software projects. I have an Odroid XU4 that I purchased 3 or 4 years ago for $80. It has an octacore processor and runs the ARM port of Ubuntu 18.04.
I use it for several Hubitat-related functions, including:
- @gabriele's AlexaCookieJs that renews cookies for @ogiewon's Amazon Alexa text to speech (AlexaTTS), which I use for audio announcements.
- Jishi's node-sonos-http-api that I use to control Sonos speakers through Hubitat. It is more versatile than the built-in Sonos integration.
- @erktrek's DoNS sendmail integration (linked above) that I use for SMS and Email notifications.
- Maddox's harmony-api that I use along with @ogiewon's HTTP momentary switch to "augment" control of my TV/sound system. The sound system turns off if I pause the TV and walk away for 20 minutes. The combination of the two keeps the sound system on as long as the TV is on.
This is in addition to a bunch of things that run on the Odroid for other purposes like the PiHole DNS blocker, SMB shares for Sonos libraries, OpenVPN and a DLNA server.
Simply the best ~$80 I spent. And I must have spent three times that amount on buying RPIs over the years that never performed to the extent anticipated. The other Chinese RPi clones (eg. Banana Pis and Orange Pis) were also disappointments.