Schlage Zwave Lever Lock Support

Thanks to this awesome group I am making some progress now. Laptop and phone are connected to the same network and:

1. On my laptop, I can lock and unlock the deadbolt using the dashboard and it shows the status change.

2. On my phone, after connecting to the hub, I can lock and unlock the deadbolt only using the device details page.

3. On my phone, after connecting to the hub, the dashboard updates the status of the lock if I lock or unlock it by hand but pressing the button in the app does not lock or unlock the deadbolt.

4. On my phone, nothing appears on my dashboard.

If replying, please note which point above you are replying to. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all of your help!

1 Like

Uninstall the app, reboot phone, reload app. That should fix that.

1 Like

The dashboards are there now, thanks. Unfortunately, the button still does not lock or unlock the deadbolt, only reports status.

Can you click on the three dots and show me how you have the lock set on that dash button?

Circling back since I started this thread on the topic of the Schlage Lever FE599...

I have since purchased and installed a Yale Assure Lever Lock (Bluetooth/Wifi version). Everything is fine - it obviously means I no longer have this lock integrated into my z-wave network, but given its purpose/use, and the fact that I never had it incorporated into any scenes or other automation, not a big loss. This is my first Yale lock and I'm generally happy with it, but I am NOT HAPPY with their implementation of auto-lock. While this question is somewhat tangential to the topic of home automation, I wanted to run it by all of you other Yale Lock owners to make sure I'm not missing something.

The Schlage, as many of you are aware, will by default auto-lock after 10-15 seconds after using the keypad to unlock. However, if you remotely, or using the buttons on the interior of the lock, manually unlocked the lock, it would remain unlocked. This was very convenient in situations, for example, when I was having maintenance work done and didn't want the gate locking out the crew (and not needing to provide them with an access code). What I've found with the Yale, however, is that auto-lock is in effect no matter how you unlock the lock...keypad, remote/app, or the manual thumb turn on the lock itself. This, to me, is an illogical implementation of auto-lock. If one is manually unlocking the lock with the thumb-turn, one would expect that's being done because you want the lock to remain unlocked. As it stands, to accomplish this, I would have to first disable auto-lock in the lock settings, then unlock the lock, and finally remember to re-enable auto-lock when I'm ready to re-lock later. Not happy about this.

Have I missed something? Is there a more streamlined way to unlock the Yale lock and have it remain unlocked, without having to disable auto-lock separately?

UPDATE: Reached out to Yale Support and received a response. The lock behavior I'm looking for (i.e. the way the Schlage lever lock worked) has been implemented in the Assure 2 series of Yale Locks, and called "Passage Mode." Somewhat disappointing, given the Assure 2 line does not offer a lever, and they indicated there are no plans to back-port that feature to the first-gen locks. Oh well...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.