Scenes way better than groups?

Thanks, @jtp10181 . Now how do I sync the state of the group to the each dimmer? I want a press of the each dimmer to set the load to the group level.

Thats not what groups are for. Check out the built in Mirror app to mirror one device to another for a virtual 3-way.

1 Like

Typo (I think) in above confuses me a bit. What exactly are you trying to make happen? Do you mean if you turn on one of the lights in the group, you want all the lights in the group turn on?

Yes, exactly. And I want double taps, dim up and down events to be passed or synced among all devices.

This you can do w/a rule, or simple automation, button controller, etc. E.g., double tap button (or switch if it supports/reports double-taps), turn on group #1 at dimmer level X.

This may require mirroring using the Mirror app as @jtp10181 suggests. I haven't needed to do this myself, so don't have experience in that area. Z-Wave Association (if your switch/driver support it) may also cover this, but not sure as I only played around w/associations for turning on/off, not dimming.

I think you will want to use the button controller and the mirror apps. Here is a sample Button Controller setup which basically syncs up all 3 of these switches for 3x up (button 5) and 3x down (button 6) taps. If any of them are pressed it carries out the same action.

I have never used the Mirror app, but it should be able to be setup to sync the on/off and dimming levels between multiple switches, which is the other half of your request.

1 Like

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. I was able to get what I wanted from the mirror and button controller apps, but the remote response time is horrible. There is a 2 second lag. Will an add on switch in the remote location do what I want? Has anyone tried that?

1 Like

AFAIK, add-on switches in a 3 or 4 way don't do automations, in the sense that I believe you can't trap button presses w/them and set up automations that only rely on the add-on switch. Someone else may correct me on this, not 100% sure.

Yes, that's what the specs say. No automations possible with add on. But does the add on control the dim level, not just on/off? Has anyone tried that?

With my GE dimmers, I can control dim from the main and the add-on control. Don't know about other brands, but I would guess they do as well.

Awesome, that's all I need from this location. I think Jasco, GE, and Ultrapro are all the same. Let me try the add on and see how it works. I'm assuming there is no lag in dimming, etc. since it is directly wired via traveler.

Correct.

And does double tap also work natively?

Iā€™m not sure with the newer model, but it doesnā€™t work via the add on with the older GE/Jasco z-wave plus dimmers. If they are the same as the Enbrighten dimmers, you could probably use the drivers @JasonJoel has created and use association groups in the driver, which are very fast. I use this to turn off all of my exterior lights at once and it is 100% reliable for me at least.

use the drivers @JasonJoel has created

Where do I get these drivers? How do you install drivers on the HE?
Thanks again.

1 Like

Just make sure your device matches the GE/Jasco driver version. Otherwise, Jasonā€™s drivers are excellent and Iā€™ve been using them for several years now without any issues. Just copy the url after going to the raw driver page, then open the driver tab in the Hubitat UI, new driver, import, paste the url, click save. Then go to the device page, change to the new driver, save, and hit configure (it wonā€™t work unless you configure with the new driver).
Btw, despite the repo name, the drivers arenā€™t botched. I canā€™t remember if there was a story behind this.

1 Like

Thank you, I'll give those a try if my add on doesn't do what I want out of the box. I'm assuming I have to remove and re-add my device also.

No. Just a driver change.

1 Like

Yes, just labeling differences.

See the hidden content behind the + sign for gory details on community driver install and enabling it for your device after install.