Samsung Buttons - Multiple Presses Recorded

It looks the same one as in the photo from your blackadder link on the other topic.

After doing the Configure, this is what I see in both the State Variables and Device Info at the bottom of the page:

Same thing as happened this morning, I just hit refresh and the battery went from 42 to 100.... Weird.... Ahh.... Maybe a default? It goes back to 42 shortly after...

My on/off switch has a new firmware 23079631, while yours has firmware 22010631

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 21
  • firmwareMT: 117C-11C5-23079631
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI on/off switch
  • softwareBuild: 23079631

I updated this IKEA on/off switch E1743 a few months ago (used Zigbee2MQTT OTA updater), so most probably, this is the reason for the different behavior for this particular device.

The old firmware didn't work with Hubitat, I have tried it many times in the past.

I had it paired to Z2M, let me see if I can update one of the other switches I have paired to Z2M and will see if I can get it working...

1 Like

And yes, they each appear in Z2M as Model # E1743.

1 Like

Did you have any issues with the IKEA switches not responding to the OTA Update Check request? I did make sure I had woken up the switch first.

I don't remember an issue with Z2M OTA updates... except that it took nearly a hour, as I started updating several devices at once. But I have done such OTA update just once, a few months ago.

I still can't get the OTA update to work. Might give this a miss for now, hopefully others can get the drivers to work on the latest firmware.

Hmmmm....
The only IKEA OTA images that are available on the Z2M at the moment are for IKEA E2123 (Symfonisk Remote Gen2), IKEA E2123 (new Symfonisk Remote) and IKEA VINDSTYRKA :

Here is a big list of IKEA firmware OTA images : fw.ota.homesmart.ikea.net

These are handled by Home Assistant ZHA however (not Z2M!) :

By ZHA is that where HA handles the ZigBee coordinator rather than using Z2M. So you can't apply it via HA when using Z2M?

Yes, seems like this is the case!
I have 2 Zigbee sticks, which I use to experiment with both ZHA and Z2M, so honestly, I don't remember which of the two integrations I used for the OTA updates of these IKEA devices that didn't work in Hubitat at that time... : (

All good. I have a setup that works, with Z2M and Node RED controlling my Bond shades. Was only a more convenient setup to have them in HE, but I still need the alternate setup for my hue tap dial devices.

The 'Debouncing' option filters out the repetative button press messages for these devices, that pair OK and send events to HE :

I have six of these button and love them as well.
I have experience double single taps over the last month or so but I hasn’t happened enough for me to go hunting for a problem.

I see mine are all on an older FW than yours. I do not see the Update Firmware for this device. I take it they have not shared it with you?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.