Sale Linkind Zigbee 3.0 Plug and Remote $10 @ Amazon-Limited Time

Once I get it included, the driver for this is very very simple...

5 Likes

Thanks @mike.maxwell looking forward to this, one will be a Christmas present for my daughter to control her bedroom lights from her bed night stand.

Be careful what you promise, Unless HE are planning on releasing a platform update before Christmas, her new button may more likely be a New year's present. :sunglasses:

Okay now I'm really glad I bought that second Linkind combo, the button plus bulb, for 11 bucks as well. :smiley:

2 Likes

@danabw Yeah I kinda figured that was how it worked....but ya know....I believe in Christmas miracles.

1 Like

The Factory Reset was a good tip. When I did that, the LED went solid red, then flashed Rainbow, and joined the C7 immediately as a Generic Zigbee Outlet.

Woot!

S

1 Like

Bad news for now, the button will not work currently, it is only capable of emitting broadcast commands which the hub currently doesn't process.
This is the same sort of issue that exists with some of the Ikea controllers.
We may look at supporting these types of commands in the future, but right now we don't.

1 Like

Thank you for trying Mike, unfortunately my gut feeling was correct. As you said, perhaps in the future. I still believe the device may "know" when it's connected to a Linkind hub and act like a normal button.

Thank you @mike.maxwell for looking at these, hopefully sometime in the future your team can get these working, the Hubitat system is truly amazing at what it is capable of doing.

Indeed thats a bummer. The outlet is fine, but I bought it for the button! :grinning:

Ah well, thanks for looking @mike.maxwell!

S

More thanks for looking into this so quickly.

My mom would say..."If it looks too good to be true..." :wink:

I'm already using the outlet, and may find a use for the light combined w/the button, So one button will languish, unused and unloved.

Oh well, back to my "cheap but reliable button" search.

I've seen Aqara and SonOff buttons...anyone played with them?

we put out a driver for these in platform 2.2.4

1 Like

Yeah. Sonoff SNZB-01 works fine on 2,2,4.

1 Like

The Aqara button I have has been pretty excellent. It's the 6 button model and is Zigbee 3.0. These new Aqara devices seem to be much more compatible than the old aqara junk.
It's not fallen off in over 3 months and responds very fast. I ordered more and use Markus's driver.

Example from Ali

1 Like

Great, thanks for confirming, guys.

I'll probably grab a two-pack of the SonOffs. Too bad they are so huge...really like the small size of the Linkind buttons, and others like the gen 2 Smartthings buttons. The Aqara a better size, but the cheap dude in me likes that the SonOff are 2/$28 vs. 2/$36 for the Aqara.

The Sonoff isn't going to win any artsy haute design awards for looks but it has a good, springy feel to it when you click. You'll need a paperclip.

1 Like

Hopefully the button will eventually work. I've got it in my devices for that day. The price of these outlets, assuming they come back, means free buttons for everyone.

Has anyone gotten the button to work with the outlet and the hub at the same time? I couldn't get my Ikea stuff to work that way as it's button killed the hub pairing. I can't be bothered to fiddle with it now but I'll see later what happens.

Also if adding this means that the Ikea buttons will work then I would be very interested. The Ikea up / down light switch has a driver but as far as I know doesn't actually work.

So had an odd experience. Decided to return the bulb\button set since I don't need any more bulbs.

Amazon refunded me the money and told me to keep the product... Weird.

This has been confirmed to work with a cornbee stick. If so how do we get those drivers to he?

It's not only about driver. IIRC it has to do with Zigbee core in the firmware of the hub, which Mike Maxwell said would not be changed anytime soon, if at all. Something with broadcast messages, yada yada