Rule Machine with Predicate times stop working

I have two rules with rule machine which occasionally stop working until I reboot the hub. Both of them have predicate conditions based on time. I have noticed that they end up with many instances pending which go away when I reboot.
Rule and pending included for reference, name redacted

(zoomed out to include all instances)

This looks like Rule 5.0. There was a bug related to times in predicate conditions that was fixed at some point in Rule 5.1, so I would recommend re-creating this rule as a new rule (which will be 5.1) and removing this old one to see if that helps.

1 Like

Same issue I reported here, and I had to re create the rule.

Thanks! I will recreate them. It would be great if rules had an "update to latest" rule so they didn't have to be recreated everytime there was a new rule machine....

This issue has been discussed before in various threads and is unlikely to happen, but there is almost never a need to update. Existing rules will continue to work (and if it were possible to make them work with newer updates of Rule code, the app name/"version" wouldn't have been changed--it doesn't happen just because there are new features). This particular rule is an exception due to a fix for a specific bug you happen to have run into (and just noticed now, though it was always there).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.