Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

that works.

maybe I should add set state rules to rules settings so folks could set any supported state based on mode, time, lux, power etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great idea.

Starting yesterday I noticed the icons for the dashboard intermittently stop showing. Have you ever seen that?

1 Like

yeah I saw that yesterday as well but since no new code was rolled probably a platform issue … I think.

Strange. Still happening and I think it’s just the occupied icon.

are you familiar with using the browser developer tools? if yes could you take a look at the console and see if there are any errors?

Sure am, good idea. Will look next time I see it. It's okay for last few hours.

1 Like

Is this app still being developed? I have a few questions and possible bugs with some rules I'm using and not sure how to proceed

I'm tempted to give this a try, anyone still using it even though it seems like there is no new development?

Yes, I am really using this to automate 2 bathrooms, which elders were using . Very capable to control the exhaust and the lamp and the seniors were really happy about that.

1 Like

You may ask what about rule machine?. Yes we can achieve the same, But treating the bathroom as a device are opening up lot of possibilities.

1 Like

Yes, I had been contemplating how to have a per room mode, as one global mode really hasn't been working for me, and while it is possible, it gets complex really fast. Then I ran across this, and it has in sense a mode per room. Being a developer, I had contemplating writing something like this, but just don't really have the time.

I will give this a try and see how it goes. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have been writing a lot of my rooms management in Rule Machine 4.0. I do like rooms manager and have used it in the past but I needed much more granularity in the behavior of lighting with scenes, occupancy, time of day, weather, etc.

Well in the end I think I am going to try and just write a custom groovy app for each room. Rule machine rules just seem to multiple until I have too many to keep organized. This way I can keep things in github and have a history of changes I make so I can go back to a good state when I break things.

I may end up with some sort of virtual state device, maybe using bit flags if things get overly complicated for some rooms ... guess we will see. First room has basic automations done .. will see how it goes.

I have a question about nightlights. I have Philips Hue Bloom lights that I use as part of the main lights that go on when a room is occupied, but also are used as night lights. This works ok when the night lights are activated by motion sensor.

But in the kids rooms, when I try to keep them on when the room is in sleep mode, they go on when sleep mode is activated, but still get switched off eventually, even if I set the timeout for the night lights to something large like 46800 seconds. Is this because the night lights are also part of the main lights which are switch on/off for occupancy? Anyway around this?

Trying this out for a spin, just got my first Multisensor 6 so looking to automate my Work From Home situation in the home office. One suggestion I have right off the bat after importing all the files: Please please change all the app / driver names to "First Uppercase" format, it messes with my OCD so much to see things names with all lower case letters. It would make the code a little more readable too. Thanks for the work so far!

Is this app still in active development? If so, are there any plans to integrate with HPM to allow for simpler setup and greater discovery?

1 Like

So I went to uninstall the app with 5 rooms setup already and it seems to be freaking out. I am guessing it did not uninstall each child instance individually. Any ideas on how to remedy?

Is there a migration from ST to HE so I do not have to manually recreate all of the rooms and settings?

UPDATE - Error when switching to Easy Mode
@bangali

Β« App List
settings
Easy Settings
Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: No such property: select motion sensors above to set for class: java.lang.Boolean

app:1702020-12-26 06:38:10.720 pm debug Den (room) updated: 663 ms

app:1702020-12-26 06:38:10.678 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'isExecuting' on null object on line 2290 (runEvery5)

app:1702020-12-26 06:38:10.409 pm infoupdateRoom Den (room)

app:1702020-12-26 06:37:28.316 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: select motion sensors above to set for class: java.lang.Boolean on line 308 (pageOnePager)

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

app:1682020-12-26 06:29:19.007 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: select motion sensors above to set for class: java.lang.Boolean on line 308 (pageOnePager)

seeing this repeatedly in my logging.
2020-12-27 04:14:56.862 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'personsIn' on null object on line 769 (contactClosedEventHandler)
2020-12-27 04:03:40.811 pm errorhubitat.exception.NotFoundException: Child app not found for namespace: bangali and name: rooms vacation on line 1385 (updated)
2020-12-27 12:21:27.367 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'personNames' on null object on line 959 (presencePresentEventHandler)

The personNames and pesonsin seems to be related with my "HubConnect arrival sensors" connected presence devices.

if you guys thought you were going to get rid of me … here track this :wink:

i will respond to open questions over the weekend.

6 Likes