Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

I ended up totally removing and deleting the app. I re-installed and am trying to go step by step through rules to build it for easier troubleshooting. No issues so far.

1 Like

@murray.sean.d the dimmer should have paired to the generic zwave central scene dimmer driver, did that not happen?

That did not happen. They all (dimmers and switches) paired as “Device”. I knew which driver to go choose because reading on here which driver the Homeseer and OEM versions of the same switch used.

just remember to click all the way thru to save those settings. :slight_smile:

dashboard with occupancy icon has not crashed so far.

on 1.1.2.121 now … lets see how it goes. btw i use mac/safari/chrome/firefox.

I'm running into an issue w/ time based triggers for the rules in a few of my rooms (or I'm misunderstanding how things should work). I have rule set up to turn my living room lights on when the room is either occupied or engaged (as determined by two motion sensors). I only want the lights to turn on from 30 minutes before sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise, so I set up a time trigger configured as such. It is now well within that window of time, but the lights are still not turning on. The room device is still triggering motion and showing an occupied state, it's just that the rule isn't firing. Any suggestions? As a side note, I previously had my hub set up with multiple "Home" modes (one for day, one for night). When I set the rule to only trigger during the Home (Night) mode, the rule worked just fine. I decided to use the time trigger instead, and that's when it stopped working.

I didn't mean to imply that your driver caused my browser to crash. This happened to me with a different driver I was creating while using image insertion trick. I haven't updated your room manager in quite a while so I can't say if it works with my dashboard or not.

share the view all settings for the room?

i wasnt taking it to mean my driver … rather that there may be an issue with using images on HE dashboard tiles. :slight_smile:

so far havent found anything … except when the image is larger than the tile icon display area.

ROOM SENSOR SETTINGS:

Motion sensors ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・   [Foyer Motion Sensor, Living Room Motion Sensor]
Room button:
Button number:
Rotate thru states:
Presence sensors:
Lux sensor:
Power device:
Humidity sensor:
Music player:
Window shades:

OCCUPIED SETTINGS:

Button device:
Button number:
Only sets:
Switches:
Motion timeout:

ENGAGED SETTINGS:

Busy check ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・ No traffic check
Button device:
Button number:
Only sets:
Presence action:
Presence continuous:
Engaged with music:
Switches:
Engaged power:
Time from:
Time to:
From vacant:
Reset engaged state:
Stays below:
Contact sensors:
Outside door:
Only sets:
Require motion:
Switches:
Reset no checking:

CHECKED SETTINGS:

Dim timer:
By level:
To level:
Below lux:
No restore:

VACANT SETTINGS:

Button device:
Button number:
Switches:
Pause speaker:

ASLEEP SETTINGS:

Asleep sensor:
Button device:
Button number:
Only sets:
Switches:
Asleep power:
Time from:
Time to:
From vacant:
Stays below:
Asleep timeout:
Reset no checking:
Reset sleep state:

Night switches:
Set level:
Set color temp:
Night motion sensor:
Motion timeout:
Light on when:
Button device:
Button number:
Button actions:

LOCKED SETTINGS:

Switches:
When switch turns on:
Locked power:
Time from:
Time to:
From vacant:
From vacant:
Stays below:
Locked contact:
Contact closes:
Turn off switches:
Allow override:
Locked timeout:

AUTO LEVEL SETTINGS:

Min level:
Max level:
Wake time:
Sleep time:
Fade up wake time:
Fade up wake before:
Fade up wake after:
Fade dn sleep time:
Fade dn sleep before:
Fade dn wake after:
Auto color temp:
Min kelvin:
Max kelvin:
Fade up wake time:
Fade up wake before:
Fade up wake after:
Fade dn sleep time:
Fade dn sleep before:
Fade dn wake after:

TEMPERATURE SETTINGS:

Temperature sensor:
Manage temperature:
Use thermostat:
Room thermostat:
Temperature delta:
AC switch:
Heater switch:
Check presence:
Contacts closed:
Outdoor Temperature:
Adjust with outdoor:
Room vents:
Fan switch:

HOLIDAY LIGHT SETTINGS:

Holiday lights:

RULE SETTINGS:

Rules:
	1: State=[engaged, occupied] From=Sunset To=Sunrise Type=Execution ON=[Bay Window Lights, Living Room Lamps]

ADJACENT SETTINGS:

Adjacent rooms:
Motion check:
Pathway lighting:

ANNOUNCEMENT SETTINGS:

Speakers:
Speech devices:
Media players:
Ask Alexa queues:
Volume:
Variable volume:
From hour:
To hour:
Speakers:
From hour:
To hour:
Announce door:
With speaker:
With color:
Announce door stays:
With speaker:
With color:
Announce window:
With speaker:
With color:
In modes:

GENERAL SETTINGS:

Away modes:
Pause modes:
Days of week:
Use celsius:
All switches off:
Execute on state ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・ true
Which state ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・   occupied
Icon URL ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・  ・   https://cdn.rawgit.com/adey/bangali/master/resources/icons/roomOccupancySettings.png

all good now?

next it will be interesting to see the intersection of only on state change set to true and room being engaged or occupied when the rule becomes true for lights to turn on. :slight_smile:

Seems to be working now. I’ll report back if I run into any more issues.

1 Like

I'd like to request a clone feature? In my head, I it seems like a complex ask, but man would it save some setup time.

It would be nice to be able to clone a rule within the room and better yet, clone child rooms completely.
For example I like to have basically the same setup in all the bedrooms. If I could clone a room, all I'd have to do is change the devices, and wouldn't have to setup the rules from scratch again.

Just a suggestion. I think it would be hard to implement.

1 Like

yeah … have thought about it.

on ST it would be impossible to do. on HE its fairly easy to do … just needs quite a bit of coding.

working on a couple of small features users have asked for including delete rule (HE only) that you asked for.

once i get these released will take a pass at Clone this room from which room? feature.

1 Like

You sir, rock!

1 Like

@stephack are you using any button devices that support double tap and does ABC subscribe to the doubleTapped event? if yes … is that subscription working ok?

thank you.

Yes. I use the Remotec ZRC90US and it works perfectly.

1 Like

thank you.

I started having issues with my time based triggers again. Essentially they stopped turning lights on regardless of whether it was within the specified range of not. For now, I went back to having separate day/night home modes, and specifying for rules to only trigger when in the night mode.

Also, I started having issues with the light in one of my rooms turning off automatically even though the room was still showing as engaged, and I did NOT have the setting for turn off all switches if no rule match turned on. I went back and double checked all my settings, and am waiting to see if it happens again today.

please share the view all settings with Only show settings with value? flag turned on.