Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Yes, but I want to do it from Rules machine, as I have a whole stack of other things going on. How do change occupancy of a room from a rule within Rules machine.

both webcore and rules machine should see the room device as a push button device and allow pushing button 8 which corresponds to the asleep state.

Ahh, thanks. Perfect.

1 Like

added support for both power value check and check for switches on and off for matching rules to execute. so if you want to set room lights to a certain setting when TV switch is on and to another setting when TV switch is off you will be able to do that thru rules.

will be in next release.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Perfect.

1 Like

@bangali - Is it possible to use a button to temporarily bypass AL Color Temperature settings during Engaged? And resume AL settings when Vacant? (ie: press a button to set lights to 4000K and 100%)

use a button to set the room to locked state? since rooms will not process any rules in locked state … use WATO to set the light to 4000K and 100% when room changes to locked?

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting the update, any news bangali?

think its ready to go. but been distracted because its festival week for us bengalis … so copious amounts of liquid sampling every evening … hasnt left time for much else :slight_smile:

hoping to release this weekend. sorry.

@mike.maxwell do you know if this was fixed in the latest release?

Do I know if what was fixed?

The SONOS driver

As well as the previous firmware was supposed to allow speak text and restore. But this ended up only being done in the background and was going to be implemented in the driver on the next firmware

capability.audioNotification includes many separate commands, most of which aren't implemented within the sonos driver currently, that is the reason they're still missing from the driver.

tallying votes across forums looks like ~70% of you like the idea ~60% of those think its a great idea. :slight_smile:

so this feature is coming. this will be the last feature before rooms moves to version 1.0.

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 0.95.0

DONE:   10/7/2018

1) added power value, switches on and switches off triggers to rules definition and processing.
2) optimized rooms processing and how timed rules are handled.
    - **REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER & ROOMS CHILD SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING TO THIS VERSION. OPEN SETTINGS FOR EACH AND CLICK SAVE. THATS IT.**
3) start collecting rooms state history.
4) cleanup code here and there.

btw … if you want to set scenes from rooms … select the scene in switches on or off in the rule.

when the rule is true the scene will be set and when false the scene will be turned off.

I've been having some odd behavior with certain rooms lately. I just updated to 0.95 this afternoon, but still persists.

Seems that some rooms are not going vacant after the motion sensor times out, and I've had to manually hit vacant on their hubitat device page to make their lights stop turning on when nobody is in the room. I just vacated the rest of the rooms that we haven't been in for a while tonight, and will monitor to see if they come back on or stay on tomorrow once activity starts again.

Edit:
Also, not sure if it's from the rooms manager, or hubitat working with my GE dimmer in the master bathroom, but I've noticed that light being on all night sometimes. I hadn't checked to see if the room occupancy was vacant or not...

Bangali,
Thanks for implementing the switches as conditions for Rooms Manager.

Can you check to see if this is correct? There IS a switch selected in Maintain Rules. (I can't test, as I'm not at home, and not between sunset and sunrise anyway.

@talz13 after updating to the latest version did you go to each room settings and save the settings?

also for rooms manager please.