Room Lighting - How to Toggle with Button

Did you remove both the On and the Off ?

I removed both and added the toggle in the activate

Works for me. Did you hit Update after the change?

Nope. Let me try that

No change. Still turns on and then off immediately

Show the Event Subscriptions from the App Status page, and the logs from this happening.

And from Application State show this:

I found what's going on. It's not clearing out that buttonTable object when you change the Means. Remove this instance of RL, and redo it.

I'll see about fixing that issue.

5 Likes

That's what's there currently

Go into the Means to Activate, select Button is pressed (like you had before), and deselect the button device. Then done out of that, and hit Update. It should be what you show now without actHandler in the list for buttonTable.

Got to head to work now but I'll try it later and let you know

See this:

Easiest solution is just to remove this and set it up correctly from scratch.

1 Like

Too easy. It's a pretty basic RL rule, i'll just scrap it and recreate it when I get home.

Unrelated, I did notice that the Button Controller 5.1 seems to clear its button subscription when you clear all the actions as well still. The subscription is there but says button.null instead of button.1.

This occurs when you clear the existing actions to change them to something else.

Interesting... I will look into that.

I'm not seeing this. First of all, Button Controller 5.1 does not have any event subscriptions, only the individual Button Rule 5.1 instances have subscriptions. If you create one, but don't give it any actions, it has an event subscription to the correct button. If you remove all of the actions from one, it still has its event subscription as well, and it is correct.

So I don't know how you could get "button.null" from a Button Rule, and you certainly can't get it from Button Controller.

If you can reproduce this, please list the exact steps to do so.

No prob. I'll go through it when I get home.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce, recreating the RL rule worked for doing that toggle.

I tried the button controller again and it seemed to keep the event subscription fine, so this may be gone now, thanks for looking at it though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.