Room Lighting - How to Toggle with Button

I have a RL rule that has a button set for activation and for turning off. When I push it, RL turns the lights on and then immediately off again. Can see in the device events that the on command is sent followed by the off immediately after. Assuming this is a bug?

Time between switch on (bottom time) and command for off (top time)

I'm seeing this as well. Had it on a motion sensor trigger this morning in addition to the button. So I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if it's something else.

BlockquoteI have a RL rule that has a button set for activation and for turning off. When I push it, RL turns the lights on and then immediately off again. Can see in the device events that the on command is sent followed by the off immediately after. Assuming this is a bug?

You have the same button defined to activate the light and to turn if off. Perhaps it's getting confused? I'm not sure what kind of device Button - Master Robe is. Does it have a second button or a double-tap or something that could be used for either on or off?

1 Like

Not confused, it's doing both actions. Good catch.

Is that a bug or intended? I should be able to have a button turn the lights on and off yeah?

The same button? If so, use the "Toggle with button press" means to activate, not both on and off.

Ah ok, I didn't notice that option. I'll use that, thanks Bruce.

Actually Bruce, seems to be doing the same thing. Turns on and then off again

Did you remove both the On and the Off ?

I removed both and added the toggle in the activate

Works for me. Did you hit Update after the change?

Nope. Let me try that

No change. Still turns on and then off immediately

Show the Event Subscriptions from the App Status page, and the logs from this happening.

And from Application State show this:

I found what's going on. It's not clearing out that buttonTable object when you change the Means. Remove this instance of RL, and redo it.

I'll see about fixing that issue.

5 Likes

That's what's there currently

Go into the Means to Activate, select Button is pressed (like you had before), and deselect the button device. Then done out of that, and hit Update. It should be what you show now without actHandler in the list for buttonTable.

Got to head to work now but I'll try it later and let you know