RM Notification Sentence Structure?

Yes, it will be in HSM, and could be in Button Controller if that really makes sense. Not sure about the latter, as there are no external devices, just the button device.

1 Like

How would you use this in Button Controller? There is no external device other than the button device itself. ??

I have set up Button Controller to work with my Xiaomi Magic Cubes, on the different cube actions (which are translated to button presses) I have my speakers speak a TTS. Right now I just hardcode "Magic Cube 1" in the TTS.

So you'd do this?

"Magic Cube %value%" ??

Not seeing how that really helps you, since you have to enter the message for each button.

I would enter "%device% shaken", which would say "Magic Cube 1 shaken". Repeat for each button with a different phrase for what was done with the cube. I have three magic cubes, so have named them with the number on the end. Right now only Magic Cube 1 does announcements.

I wouldn't die if Button Controller couldn't use the tags :slightly_smiling_face:. Really would like it in HSM though, I announce a lot through that app.

My point is that you have to enter a message for each side of each cube anyway, so this isn't doing much for you.

It will be in HSM.

I'm just not seeing the point in Button Controller. When you go to type the message, it says just above what button of what device the message is for, so it's not like you don't know which one you're setting up.

%device% and %value% are now available in HSM and Rule Machine, in new release: Hub Update 1.1.3

1 Like

Yes, I saw that in your release notes. Looking forward to trying it out.

Thank you!!

Looks like it wasn't added to HSM "custom apps" though?

No, next release....

I just tried this out in rule machine. So far works great! Thanks for this, its kind of a big deal!

I also noticed it looks like there is now a way to disable a rule without deleting it! Big improvements!

I don't see a new option...are you referring to the Switch to Disable Rule or the Private Boolean?...those were there before the latest update.

Yes, I was referring to the Switch to Disable Rule. Didn't notice it before.

Ah, it's always been there.

This has been added in the recent hot fix release: Hub Update 1.1.3 - #3 by bravenel

1 Like

I finally got around to revising my notifications using the device and value parameters. This is exactly what I hoped for. Thank you!

2 Likes

Finally upgraded and tried this out--exactly what I was looking for! Now when a door opens, our British butler says "The front door opened". Thanks a bunch for implementing this!

2 Likes

I have a little issue when trying to send a notification from RM.
Once I've set up the Rule and saved it, it looks correct ....

But the sent message gets truncated and when I go into the Rule to check, it looks like this...

I deleted the Rule and recreated it but the issue persists. Anyone else noticed this ??

It's probably from you putting quotes in the message. Try taking those out.

1 Like

Oh, that was it.
Working as expected now.
Cheers,
Nic