Ring Gen 2 Keypad not arming/disarming

I have done both a regular inclusion, and smart start inclusion. I did notice that you must delete from smart start or it just rejoins automatically. Kinda neat, but ultimately doesn’t work out. I have removed, deleted from smart start, powered down the HE, defaulted the keypad while HE is powered down, waited about 20 minutes, powered up the HE, repaired the z-wave, assured the keypad isn’t there, used smart start (every possible combination) and always the same end result. One way communication.

Well I am sorry man. Without hands on tinkering I am out of ideas. Have you tried reaching out to support to see if they can look at the inclusion on your hub and see if something is missing.

Update.
I did manage to get the keypad functioning. For about 10 minutes.
I defaulted it and removed from smartstart. I then went into HE and connected like any other device and used secure setup. Keypad joined and logs were two way. no problem. I noted for some reason the proximity sensor was already disabled. So i enabled it, this worked, but resulted in the keypad no longer communicating two way. no matter what i do now, communication is only one way. I can note that all previous attempts at connecting the keypad, the proximity sensor was enabled out of the box. So, it would appear that this setting is perhaps the cause for the one way communications error? Unfortunately, simply disabling the proximity sensor again doesn't make the keypad work immediately. It seems that if you wait about 3 minutes after disabling the proximity sensor, the communications starts working again.

Do you have it plugged in for continuous power or is it running on battery

plugged in. I have decided to simply return it as this is overly complicated to just get a simple keypad added. I can hard wire a new keypad to my alarm system through my attic and down two floors quicker than adding a wireless battery powered keypad to HE via z-wave. :face_with_head_bandage:

I don't blame you. It really shouldn't be this hard to pair it.