Ring Gen 2 Keypad not arming/disarming

Is it paired with security or not? If not try pairing it again with security. Make sure you take the default S2 settings. Which is S2 Access Controll

Some stuff with the Ring gear doesn't seem to work completely or is flacky of not paired as they expect to be as if attached to a Ring Alarm panel.

Can you post the details from the Zwave details page for the device.

Here you go.

I Suspect the S2 security or smart start joining is a problem. Perhaps an "undesired function"?
Maybe @bcopeland can chime in? I know his driver has the exact same results, so I'm confident to say I'm sure its not the community driver that's the issue. Same results either way. Must be a smart start issue.

Has it been that way, or did you repair before sending that.

How far away from your hub is the keypad.

No repair, I've joined with the keypad on a different floor, and also with it within a foot or so of the HE. Exact same results every time. I'm clearly insane at this point!

I don't think S2 itself is the problem, but I would say incomplete pairing. When i first got mine i was across the house and it kept partial pairing. I finally got it to fully pair when i did it fairly close to the hub like about 10" from it

Can you try that.. Take it to about 10 feet from the hub. Exclude it. Do a full factory reset. Then try to pair it again with S2 all with in 10 feet.

To exclude just start a exclude on the hub and then use a paperclip to press the rest button on the back of the keypad. Once it is excluded hold the paper clip in there for about 10 seconds or so and that should trigger it to reset. Then start a inclusion on the hub and press the reset button again. It should add again, and then add it with security and put the code it that came with it.

Totally get why you are so frustrated. This deffinetly seems like a extreamly difficult item to pair in your setup for some reason.

You may also want to just turn off your hub for 5 min and let the zwave radio fully reset. Shut down the hub and pull the power for 5 min. After 5 min power it back up.

Yup,
been there, done that. Over a dozen times. I have even just did it again. Same issue. one way communication only. it is currently about 1.5 feet from the hub, plugged in, and the smart start added it like always. took about 15 seconds after I pressed and held the 1 button and the voice on the keypad then said "unarmed".

you can see the RSSI value is quite strong when this close to the hub as well.

are you using the default driver, or the community driver?

I have tried both. Same results. I have added additional screenshots of the config to my previous post.

When I exclude, I use the remove from the bottom of the device page, click on exclude, then click the tiny button on the back with a pin, it then removes from the hub. I then hold the pin down for about 10 seconds until I get the red wifi light on the front and let go. I then redo the whole smart start process again. and same exact results regardless of driver.

I do notice in the state variables there a "code:" and it is always blank. Should this have my user code or something?

when is the last time you fully power cycled the hub and left it off for the Zwave radio to clear.

Just for reference are you in the US, EU, AUS or where..

this morning. I have done this about 10 times in the last 20 hours or so. All ghost devices were cleared on my first power down.
I am in the US

One interesting thing is you have allot more stuff listed in the data section then I do.

Which items are you missing in the data section?

Keep in mind mine was added probably 2 + years ago

Yours doesn't seem to have the firmware info? Perhaps there's a firmware difference?

possibly

I am kind of at a loss at the moment. It is not impossible that Ring broke something to keep it from pairing properly.

If you use the community driver. And the. Flip the slider to allow "Enable set alarm without code" and then try one of the arming buttons does anything happen.

Nope. Nothing.

I saw in another post that you started smartstart and then did a regular inclusion. Generally speaking i have never had to do that when things are right.

Have you tried going through the process to exclude the keypad. Power off the hub and let it set off for 5 min to ensure the radio resets. While that is happening make sure the keypd is fully removed from Smartstart. Do a factory reset of the keypad. Now power back on the hub to let it come back up. Once it is back up go start a zwave inclusion and right after press the rest button on the keypad to start inclusion. Once the hub sees the keypad click add with security and then when prompted put in the code.

The idea is to get a clean inclusion without smartstart. Maybe you are getting parts of the inclusion done by smartstart and part of it done by the traditional inclusion.

Ofcourse check for Ghosts before start to add anything back as well.