Ring Floodlight Pro Cameras

I would assume so, I've been trying to remove the padding with the below but no dice. It works when I use a link to another dashboard, but not on the links to the cameras for some reason.

/* keypad iframe specific - #tile-25 is the Keypad device attribute: Keypad */
#tile-25 .tile-title {
display:none;
}
#tile-25 .tile-contents {
padding: 0;
height:100%;
width:100%
}
#tile-25 .tile-primary {
}

You have to set up an image tile pointing to the URL of the stream and then set refresh for 1 second intervals

I did set them up as cameras, now I need to figure out how to get the thumbnails to fill the tiles. There's too much padding in them. I'm guessing I may have to set each Camera up as an individual Dashboard, but I want to avoid that.

Here's a snip of what I see in the Cameras dash. I'm trying to get rid of the area marked in red.

So far I tried this and had no success, I'm totally new to CSS and Hubitat.

/* keypad iframe specific - #tile-25 is the Keypad device attribute: Keypad */
#tile-25 .tile-title {
display:none;
}
#tile-25 .tile-contents {
height:100%;
width:100%
}
#tile-25 .tile-primary {
}

One option would be to setup your dashboard to use more rows, hand have the tiles cross across the number of rows that fits properly with the image.

That doesn't necessarily work because the tile itself gets larger while the image stays the same size and what happens is that the padded space or margin becomes larger. It's frustrating really, that we don't have the ability to live stream the ring cameras as opposed to pictures every X amount of seconds while also having to deal with these formatting nuances. I've seen samples of other users' dashboards and they don't seem to have any padding so I'm wondering what I'm missing in this setup.

Thanks again

Example with 2 W x 3 H:

Example with 2 W x 4 H:

1 Like

That’s true. You can make it 20 cells wide and 39 cells high instead of 2x4 for more precision, but it likely still won’t be perfect.

Hey Sebastien, first off thank you for responding in such a quick manner. It's very helpful to have someone to think these things through.

How then, would you bring these into a Dashboard? Should I create a 20x39 tile for each camera in it's own dashboard and then somehow bring a picture of that dashboard into my main security dashboard? Or should I simply just keep a 4 tile view for quick referencing given that this isn't a live feed anyways.

Success! (With the exception of the doorbell camera) I wasn't able to figure out how to apply these settings to 3 out of 4 tiles and a different setting to the doorbell.

Here's the code used:

Does not keep aspect ratio:

.tile.image .inset-auto img {
    object-fit: cover
}

Keeps aspect ratio:

.tile.image .inset-auto img {
    object-fit: fill
}

Credit to:

1 Like

Awesome!

Any idea how I can control the lights from Hubitat? I am able to turn them on, but not off because HE always thinks they are On. I enabled polling to check on light status, but no dice.

I also tried to create a virtual switch that modifies the camera's switch attribute, however because it is always set to On, the virtual switch rule does nothing.

I’m using the Ring Virtual Light with Siren driver and it works for me. I press « on », it takes a few seconds and the light turns on and shows as « on » on the device screen. Off, same.

Do you have the latest Ring Alarm Hub? I have the previous version, so am wondering if that might be the difference…?

Do you have polling? I have the Pro version of the Floodlights, they aren't communicating their off status properly for some reason.

I have a pro also, and it updates status when I turn it on and off. So not seeing the issue you are.

I just removed them as devices and re-discovered them and now they don't even have the switch attribute. Is there a way to repair the driver?

I've never had to play around with mine so I really have no idea how to deal with the issue you noted.

I suggest you go to the original Unofficial Ring topic and ask your question there, as that's where the integration maintainer and other Ring users hang out.

2 Likes

Same for me. It has just always worked.

Yeah, it's weird. The on and off button work, but if I try to use it as a switch in the dashboard it won't update the switch's status. I'm guessing because the light isn't returning an on or off attribute.

Below is a snapshot of it one camera.

I was able to get it to work with RM though, so I guess it's fine for now. I had to create a global variable as a boolean and then make sure that's either turned to true or false based on the action.

I'm sure there's something wrong with the driver, even after I re-installed it. But... not going to waste anymore time on it for now. haha

It sucks that the attribute is missing because I can't check if the light is turned on from the Ring app. I'll need to mess around with it a bit more to see if there's an easier solution.

1 Like

Yea, that does suck - and is odd. Mine does report back its status.

I figured this out, the issue was that I had to re-log into my ring account. Once I did that everything worked correctly.

I still kept the Rule to manage the lights because the Polling just takes too long to return an Off/On status.

1 Like