Ring Doorbell motion detection not working

I have a couple of Ring Doorbell 2 that I have had for a while. I have a used the unofficial Ring Connect for a couple of years without a problem. I have a basic rule to turn on a switch when motion is detected. This has worked very well but now it no longer works. I do not use IFTTT for the polling. Nothing has changed in my system or network. The doorbells do work as I can view through the cameras and the doorbell works. I can see the red lights come on when motion is detected. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks

Here is the rule:
When Ring - Back Door activates ...
Turn on Switch - Living Room, Switch - Mud Room
Wait until Ring - Back Door stops, then ...
Wait until elapsed time of 5 minutes has passed, then ...
Turn off Switch - Living Room, Switch - Mud Room

Rule and pending actions can run ...
Only between Sunset and Sunrise

First of all, I have to say this: I've installed many different types of video doorbells, and the only one I don't recommend is Ring. (I have Ring on my own house, because my wife insisted on it-she wants to see everything on her Alexa show!)
Now that I've gotten that of my chest...
I have put a small, sensitive motion sensor under my eaves trough, pointing in front of my Ring Doorbell. When it detects motion, it sets a Hubitat virtual switch to active/on. That switch is sent to Alex via the amazon echo skill (It turns itself off after 5 seconds). I have a routine in Alexa that activates based on that virtual switch to do an announcement and show what the Ring Camera sees on the Alexa Show.

if you use scrypted, this is one way to get ring to accurately update motion status. If you dont use scrypted, the rest of this thread is really good as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to have to put a motion sensor by the door. I am confused why this has suddenly stopped working.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get away from using more third party solutions. The Ring Connect was a good option for me. Just don't know why it has suddenly stopped working.