Ring 2nd Gen Contact Sensors w/C-5

Hubitat is seeing my 2nd gen contact sensors from Ring but not reporting on open/closes. Checked the device pages when opening a window and no status updates and no data in the logs.

Are these supported, and if so, how can I get these working?

Thanks!

What Hubitat model and firmware do you have?

Edit: I see now from the title of your post that you have a C-5. That may be your problem, because I believe, as reported by Bryan Copeland, that the Ring Gen 2 devices need to be paired S2, which the C-5 cannot do.

What security level do you have them paired at?

Here’s why I ask:

I personally found S2 pairing necessary to get my six Ring Alarm Range Extender v2 devices to report battery/mains status. There are some in this forum who have vehemently argued whether this point is true, but my experience matches what Bryan Copeland has reported.

1 Like

Think you're SOL with a C5.

2 Likes

That's why they are only supported on C7.. Because of their stubborn refusal to report without S2..

4 Likes

Well crap. I also have the Ring V2 Contact Sensors with C-5. What is your recommendation for contact Sensors?

I have half a dozen Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7 devices and 4 Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 devices. They worked fine on my C-5 and now work fine on my C-7.

1 Like