RGBgenie Driver

Hello. When will the RGBgenie ZW-1001 driver be supported?

don't know, my goal is to include one or two of the rgbGenie devices per release...

2 Likes

@jpoeppelman1 This unit will work with Hubitat using the generic Z-Wave dimmer driver.

Edit: "This" meaning the ZW-1001 single color 4 channel driver.

The Zigbee and Zwave color RGBW controller (ZW1002 and ZB1025?) work fine with Hubitat generic RGBW drivers too.

@mike.maxwell Is the ZB5101 the same as the ZB5121 which has the driver ZB512x? Also does it report the battery unlike the ERIA? Thanks

1 Like

I believe so, 5101 I think is the older firmware, though pretty sure the only difference is the manufacturer name.
These controllers only reported battery when the battery was/is replaced, given that we elected to not include the battery capability to prevent any confusion.

These controllers do not exhibit the occasional issue with the eria's where the first button press is missed after some period of inactivity....

Ok, thanks. My ERIA's have been rock solid. Are you maybe thinking of the Sylvania 4 button switch as the first button press missed?

It all depends, I've seen them skip in the lab, I think this happens when they route through a router vs direct to the hub, but haven't bothered to drill into it since there's nothing I can do about it anyway...

I am wondering if the repeater I use has any effect. I am using the Sylvania Outlet. That is all I have in the house. No other brand. The darn things never miss on the 1st push no matter how long they sit. :smiley:

@Gnant Any update on the firmware fix?

1 Like

I'll bet that's it. I need to get rid of these d!?@n peanuts. Where the peanuts are nearby, the Sylvania 4 button switches lose connection and have to be pressed 3 times to see an action. Where the Sylvania or Samsung plugs are nearby, everything just works.

We are getting a prototype on our next shipment. So with any luck, soon.

1 Like

I just received the RGBGenie ZB-5003 (3 zone, 4 scenes) and paired it with my Hubitat hub. I thought it was supported but it paired without a driver and I cannot find one. This thread seems to say it will be available at some point. Is there an update?

Same boat here. Only seems to see the all power on and 1 thu 4 as buttons 4 or 5 only. Doesn’t even recognize number 5.

@Gnant I just received my ZB-5001 and I guess I figured it would work. My bad for not doing the in depth research. It is December 22nd 2019, would I have received the new firmware version? Either way, they t only seems to activate buttons 4 and 5 ( main powe on and off as well as zones 1 to 4 on is alway button 4 and off is always button 5, zone 5 has no response at all).

I'm pretty sure the new version will be a new device, not a simple firmware update to the old device.

actually it should just be a firmware update, simple or not...

Ahh good to know. I was under the impression from prior conversations that the firmware update wouldn't be a viable path. Really looking forward to this so I can hack these things into my current DIY RF scene controllers. :smiley:

I don't know if the existing devices are updatable or not...
My point was it should be the same hardware, with different firmware running on it.

Currently, we do not have the ability to offer OTA's but the devices are capable of it. Prototypes for testing are in route, literally, so hopefully we can update everyone soon. If successful, we are happy to swap out remotes with anyone who owns a current unit.

1 Like