RGBgenie Driver

@Gnant I keep a ST hub around for looks (HA!) but I suppose its capable of OTA for zigbee, are you able to issue an OTA via Smarthings (I'm not trying to shame HE here, just trying to find a solution)? (I understand the HE does not support OTA).

@rdstov, while we have signed up for their program, our products are not officially incorporated right now. But yes, theoretically your method would work.

@Gnant, Is there an ETA on the ZB-5001 working with Hubitat soon?

@paul.p, Yes, we are close. Very close. Will have an ETA in the next few days most likely.

Thank you. I would like to be a tester.

I have 2 of the 5 scene remotes.

Hi everyone. We are looking for two more people to test the new firmware and driver for our black handheld remote. The unit will be a 4 zone and 2 scene model like the ZB-5004. PM me if interested, especially if you already have a model that does not have the new firmware.

I am super interested in these scene/zone controllers. I have recently switch from X10 and Need a good replacement for the palmpad remotes that we use in almost every room of the house.

These are the last things on the old system so finding a solid remove that will work with hubitat is a must!

The system told me I can't PM you yet. Probably because I am new

Feel free to send me an email: sean@RGBgenie.com. Happy to help

1 Like

@Gnant Since we have you here, is there any news on the 5001 model?

It is looking like we are going to consolidate the Zigbee remotes into one model with 4 zones and 2 scenes. So the 5 zone ZB-5001 will be discontinued unfortunately, and replaced with the ZB-5004.

1 Like

@Gnant That is too bad. I think the 5001 would have been a preferred choice for the majority of people IMO.

2 Likes

I also still use some 20 years old X10 tabletop controllers in one room and I can't find any decent Zigbee or ZWave to replace them, it's sad! I use them for controlling and dimming 4 lights. I have high hopes that the RGBGenie remotes can finally be what I need to replace those old X10 controllers and I'm waiting for the Hubitat support...

@Gnant, what ETA are we looking at for those ZB-5004 with Hubitat support?

I thought all the zigbee drivers were done

I have used x10 with heyu for the last decade. Spent a lot of time making it reliable. I have a 2 year old and no more time to make it stay reliable. I just gutted the system and went with hubitat, ineovelli reds and a few zigbee outlets and fan controlers. I still have the palm pads running with heyu on a raspi and they just send a cURL over to the maker api. I am always interested to see how others are making x10 work!

I got this thing to pair really quickly but then afterwards it wasn't showing any buttons I pressed in the logs. I tried removing and re-adding it but after removing it from hubitat I can't get it to pair again. I can't even tell if I'm factory resetting it correctly - I hold down the power button until the red light turns solid, then press it 5 times quickly, but it doesn't flash 3 times as the manual says it should. Going through the normal pair process doesn't work again. Oddly if I just press the power button to turn it on and then move my finger around the color wheel, the light very rapidly flashes as if it's transmitting something, but nothing happens.

Has anybody been able to get this to factory reset correctly?

That's interesting, I didn't know you could connect X10 to Hubitat that way. I used to have my whole house with X10 but now just one room is left with X10 and the rest with Hubitat and Zigbee/Z-Wave devices. I'm not in need to have that one room connected to Hubitat and so it's just stayed like that through the years since those tabletop controllers (MC460) and modules work just fine for what I need in that room. But they sure are getting old and they don't look prettier with time...

The 5004 was never completed as the firmware required an update in order to receive the configuration commands. The driver for this remote is in beta and expected to release in 2.2.0 pending RGBgenie receipt of devices with the new firmware.

1 Like

I know the world is under quarantine and that has delayed almksr everything . Any estimated timelines on these new devices?

1 Like

Hi, I'm keen for an update on this too, any news?