RGBgenie Driver

I don't know what a 3026 is, picture?

Update, arggg im regreting naming these drivers after the part numbers...

They do and they are, in the child devices, however there is no simple way with rm to follow changes in color attributes.

Hi everyone.

A big thank you to Mike for his development and integration of RGBgenie products into the Hubitat platform.

@tom.leslie11 The 3026 is the monochrome Zigbee Touch panel.

@razorwing The issue with the ZB-5001 remote is that it does not stay awake long enough for Hubitat to finish discovery. So we are working on our end to change the firmware.

Sean
Co-founder RGBgenie

Thank you, I have a unit so if it needs exchanging when you get it working then just let me know where to send it to or if the unit I have will work when your done then even better.

The 3026 is a three zone device, hence just having the zone buttons 1, 2 and 3.
If you haven't already, please delete it, factory reset it, join it again and if it then hasn't created the three child dimmers, please post a screen shot of the complete driver details...

@mike.maxwell Mike.Maxwelll

Mike, I have one of these installed and I am wondering a couple of things:

1.) Why is this message about color events showing up in Mirror when I set up the Mirror Me setup?

2.) How do I present the controller and lights it is controlling on a dashboard?

YFr

They shouldn't be any different than adding any other devices to the dashboard.

I am stumbling on what template to use. I found the controller and the EP01 through EP04, but I am not sure what template to use.

What template will work with the Controller?

Do we treat the EP0x as a color bulb or something else? I want to control the device(s) associated with the EP0x zone. Basic on/off and color, brightness, etc. Nothing I have tried works I just get an hour glass and 'sending" when I click the tile.

YF

You can't send commands to the ep devices, this is intentional, otherwise the device and the driver will become out of sync.

Thanks Mike, that makes sense. So how why would you use them in a dashboard? Status? If so, what template would you recommend?

I can't think of any reason to use the child devices from these controllers in a dashboard.

So, if this controller was paired to a bulb via the Mirror Me app, but you also wanted to control that bulb from a dashboard, would you put the bulb on the dashboard or would doing so cause it get out of sync with the remote? I think that's what's being asked here.

I would make the mirror me slave a group, then put the group in the dashboard.
Think of these controllers functionality as being akin to an IR remote.

That makes sense. Thanks Mike!

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Could I get an answer about the orange text shown in the image above?

How about the parent?

That's normal. You can ignore it

Not much there to use either. Couple of buttons that's it

@Gnant Any update on the firmware fix?

Nothing new to report as of yet unfortunately. But we are working on it.