RGBgenie Driver

No, I added numbers via Microsoft Paint to the picture to identify them.

I was putting you on but glad to hear that Paint is still available.

1 Like

You know.... That image has me thinking. What would everyone like to see engraved on the remote. @mike.maxwell had the idea of a ceiling fan a while back. Which is a good idea. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I seldom use a button controller for a single light or scene. The symbols are meaningless to me and somewhat confusing to anyone who comes to the house. I would love a clear overlay cover that allowed me to create my own labels and insert them behind the cover.

2 Likes

How bad would it be to include a little package of stickers with the remote, so people could customize what they want?

Numbers, lighting, fans, up/down, etc... A few of each so when they invariably fall off or wear out they can be replaced.

2 Likes

Version 2.1.3 came with a RGBgenie Controller ZB-5028 driver! Applied it to my ZB-5028 device... and nothing seems to work. While a couple buttons "worked" before with the ZB-512x driver (they reported in the logs just not as any expected buttons) NO buttons are getting reported when the ZB-5028 is selected. Switching back to the ZB-512x shows those buttons still do something.

This one is tricky to join, the led on the remote needs to be on while configure is running.
I would delete the device, then factory reset it.

Use the following procedure to join it properly.

Start zigbee discovery, press the power button on the remote.
When the led turns off, press the power button again.
Do this a third time and the device discovery should complete.

1 Like

Are we talking about this remote?

If yes then it's 5008 model and not 5028. I couldn't find 5028 on rgbgenie web site

In the process of resetting mine and pairing it again.

@aryvin: Yes, that is the remote. It says 5008 on their website AND Amazon, but the manual that comes with AND the device itself report 5028.

Yes, 5008 is the old part number

Thanks guys. I also have one which is currently connected to Hue hub. Will try to pair it to HE tomorrow.
Mike, are Zone buttons(1,2,3,4) supported?

Watch this evening's edition of Hubitat live on you tube, I discuss this device and a new app to effectivly use it.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the RGBgenie ZB-5001 is included in this driver? It was talked about.

These drivers are very device specific, they can't be swapped between different devices.
Zb 5001 will not complete it's configuration and therefore it won't work, RGBgenie is looking into this.

Gnant from RGBGenie mentioned they were working with HE to get it to work. Just wondering where that stands.
Looks like you added it in above.thanks

This is back with RGBgenie and the manufacturer, currently it will not work, out of my hands.

Ok... You are correct, this one is definitely finicky to get paired again. But I eventually got it and it recognized the correct driver.

I turned on debugging and got the following results while playing with it:

1. The driver lists the number of buttons as 3. But since there are way more buttons than that on this it will definitely be confusing.
  2. Pressing All On/Off resulted in logging show EP01, EP02, EP03, and EP04 were all turned on sequentially.
  3. Pressing buttons 1-4 did nothing immediately visible. Nothing shown in driver, no results in log DIRECTLY, but read further.
  4. Pressing the "dim" button caused EP04 to be shown in the log as being set to 40%. Another press dropped it to 30%, then 20%, then 10%, then 0%, then "rolls over" to 40% again. Selecting a different number button (1 for instance) resulted in that being the one affected.
  5. The "brighten" button raised that % value up to 100% but then maxes out. It does not "roll over" like the dim does. Dimming from values higher than 40% works just fine.
  6. Pressing the play/clock button causes the hue value of the currently selected EP# to increase by 16% and rolls over if above 100%. The 16% increase seems pretty arbitrary and will make it tough to get consistent values.
  7. Pressing the W+ button causes a saturation value for the selected EP# to appear in the log, it starts at 100%, drops to 95%, drops to 90%, then shows 100% again. So only 3 values are possible.
  8. Pressing the W button causes the EP# to goes through 5 different color temperatures (3289, 2222, 6451, 5405, 4347) before wrapping through them again.
  9. Selecting the color wheel causes the selected EP# to log that it is now in color mode, and shifts the hue % around as you move around the wheel.
  10. Buttons S1-3 do indeed correspond to the number. They correctly show when pressed and correctly show when held. They do not appear to respond to double click.
  11. I have no idea what the tr: state variable is. Mine says 42 at the moment but I do know if it changed at any point (I just pressed all the buttons it did not).

So overall, the driver is working although it is not in a manner I would have necessarily expected myself. In any case THANKS HUBITAT for yet again getting stuff working so quickly.

Install the mirror app, select one of the child devices, then select a color bulb as the mirror me target.
That way the controller will be interacting with a bulb as designed...

I guess I will have to look at that. I assumed all the activity would result in variables being listed so it would be possible to read them and have rules react to those (not just lights for example).

My device is pairing as 3026 but the 4 child devices are not being created for the Mirror app to leverage device as a source.