[RETIRED] hubiVue iOS, Android, Amazon & Web Dashboard App

Will look into it, but can't promise anything...

Will definitely be keen for any testing on either linux, or whatever phone you have

hubiVue v1.1.7 Build 277 has been released to Apple AppStore, Google Play, and Amazon App Store, PLUS releases for Windows and Mac Os have been uploaded to the hubiVue.com website. Release notes have been published in Latest News.

1 Like

I just wanted to drop a note here to say that I have been using Hubivue since it was launched, and while it was a solid app at launch, it has come a long way so far, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. If you are among those that vocally yearn for a better dashboard experience, you really should give it a try. The developer @gslender is very responsive and seeks out feedback, but also provides feedback as to why something is the way that it is or can or can't be done. I have already seen several enhancement requests included fairly quickly. Give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed!

3 Likes

Been using it myself and almost ready for using it with a mounted pad. (Mainly for weather and cams and some general status')

2 Likes

[11-Sep-22] hubiVue v1.2.1 Build 12044 has been released for all of the following supported platforms;

• Native iOS 11.x or greater for iPhone and iPad via Apple AppStore
  • Native Android (API 21 / Lollipop) or greater phones and tablets via Google Play
  • Native Fire Amazon via App Store
  • Desktop app for Windows 10 and 11 have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Desktop app for macOS 11.x or greater have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Web based app for Chrome/Safari is available at hubiVue.

The release contains a Theme Editor, Advanced Icons amongst many other new features.

2 Likes

[17-Sep-22] hubiVue v1.2.3 Build 12049 has been released for all of the following supported platforms;

• Native iOS 11.x or greater for iPhone and iPad via Apple AppStore
  • Native Android (API 21 / Lollipop) or greater phones and tablets via Google Play
  • Native FireHD via Amazon App Store
  • Desktop app for Windows 10 and 11 have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Desktop app for macOS 11.x or greater have been uploaded to the hubivue.com website.
  • Web based app for Chrome/Safari is available at https://app.hubivue.com/web .

Release notes...

2 Likes

[22-Sep-22] hubiVue v1.2.4 Build 12054 has been released for all of the supported platforms

I am now within days, if not hours, of installing and trying out hubiVue (sp?) on one or two platforms. Probably Win10 and Android to begin with, then Web.

2 Likes

I downloaded the MacOS version of HubiVue. It doesn't want to open the app because it can't be checked for malicious code. It says to contact the developer. Since this app will have access to my entire smart home environment that seems sub-optimal. Are there changes coming?

2 Likes

@gslender

1 Like

That's a fair comment. Slowly, the software vendors such as Apple and Microsoft have closed up the way software is being delivered - and they are both moving towards closed system App Stores (like the phones) and stopping you from installing software from 3rd parties that they haven't seen or controlled. The positive part is that they can attempt to provide some element of security (ie perform a casual check that the software is from the stated developer - me in this case. But what they don't do, is actually thoroughly check that the software isn't naughty or nefarious - they can't and don't check every feature, aspect and/or element of the software being provided).

Anyway, so whilst yes the software for both MacOS and Windows hasn't been checked by Apple or Microsoft because it wasn't delivered by their store (which is really all that is being told here), you also don't really have any greater security by having them close out the delivery to only their distribution model - what it does do is allows them to charge $$$ to either the developer or user. Once Apple and Microsoft close out all other avenues for delivery, you will see the model change, and software will no longer often be free, as then developers like me need to recover the cost of distribution (recover the Apple/Microsoft charges) and then you, the user, is left paying more for what was once free software.

Anyway, for now, the choice is yours to either trust me, and use the software (right click and Open) or don't trust it and use only the Web and mobile iOS/Android versions. Eventually, I'll distribute the MacOS and Windows versions via the respective stores (and pay the Apple and Microsoft tax) but for now, I'm reducing the costs of distribution and investing in other areas.

Hope that help explains things ??

5 Likes

[21-Oct-22] hubiVue v1.2.6 Build 12080 has been released for all of the supported platforms

This release includes an animated live weather tile, plus some updated tile theme options - and of course a few bugs and performance improvements...

1 Like

Hi, @gslender

I just found this and it looks great as-is with even more promise.

One thing I'd like that I have not seen mentioned is Android widgets. Is that a possibility?

1 Like

I’d be interested to know for what purpose? How do you see that being used? Can you illustrate an example of what might be useful?

2 Likes

Armed and Disarmed the alarm, Lock/unlock lock and cancelling HSM with virtual switch. I find those were very useful with widgets.

1 Like

I would say same with IOS widgets

2 Likes

Thanks @gslender . Basically, what @Navat604 said. Simple interactions that are easier from the home page without opening the Hubivue app.

1 Like

[16-Nov-22] hubiVue v1.3.0 Build 13015 has been released for all of the supported platforms

This release contains Config Manager, Live Resize, Custom Cmds, Debug Logging, plus a few Bugs squished.

3 Likes