(Resolved) Moving from Wink - Bali/Somfy Shade Woes in Hubitat. Help!

What is your firmware version?

is that for the zwave enabled blinds or the 'gotta have the special hub deal thing'? Also, I don't see a 'current' version of that, got a link you can share?

11.2 is the firmware on the first batch and from the newer batch 12.1

Try this, its a forward of another members...

[RELEASE] Somfy ZRTSI Code Share, post:1, topic:40998"]
A driver for the Somfy ZRTSI [s-l640] Code hubitat/somfy-zrtsi.driver.groovy at master ยท augoisms/hubitat ยท GitHub Also available on Hubitat Package Manager. Features Supports My Position. Has the option to use a value of 50% as a My Position command. This is handy for allowing voice assistants to issues the command. Tracks state internally. The ZRTSI is already a one-way communication device, but it has been reported that it does not accurately report the "state" of each channel, so thi....

Can you exclude you blinds on 11.2 from the hub and run automation on 12.1 for few days to see if you continue to see issue just on 12.1's as well?

Cheers. Appreciate the link. Not getting goodness to flow tho. I get this in the logs and the device page never updates so it just shows opening/closing... I'm getting much quicker runs using the generic blinds, which saddens me as dat'ain't good.

dev:492020-10-03 01:13:19.627 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method intValue() on null object on line 133 (off)

dev:492020-10-03 01:12:06.602 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method intValue() on null object on line 126 (open)

Did you create the new driver by copying and pasting the entire code that I listed? I double checked the code and it is exactly what I am running.

It does seem to be a little more stable with all the new firmware shades active and the older firmware ones inactive. It sure would be nice to get them all on the same firmware to isolate if there are any other problems.

Apeciate your double checking. Haven't had time to look at the error yet. But I will check on my copy/paste skills in the next day or two.. Been busy adding zwave repeaters to try and help... which it doesnt. However using the generic driver, one of the blinds is consistantly misbehaving. Even with more repeaters. Oddly it misbehaves in rules, and when I hit "close" on the device page. If I hit "off" after that it does close right away. I've done this test 5 times. Wont respond to the rule, wont respond to a close, but off works right away. But then occasionally it will work from the rule. I have run a version report on that blind:Version Report - FirmwareVersion: 12.1, ProtocolVersion: 6.04, HardwareVersion: 255

Yeah, it would. See if you could call Zebra blinds (google it and site will come up) to see if they could help you.

For me this is resolved... with a caveat. Going thru some testing I did have the right code.
When changing to the Somfy driver I did have to change the travel time on most, which I did when changing the driver (before any testing) One I didn't have to change the default from 6sec as it was about right.... testing that one I got the null errors again. Went to the travel time, typed 6 and save preferences. No longer got the error. Can't replicate it by moving it back to another driver and then back again, it just works so I'm not sure, but that's the news from here. I'm guessing the code doesn't 'stuff' preferences till you hit save preferences resulting in the null?. So saving prefs. is a necessary step for any new blind using this driver.

@soundmanmike thanks for the suggestion, seems to be working for my 12.1 blinds nicely... (for now.... :pray:)

I should be getting to PM's in a bit. Didn't realize I wasn't getting notifications on here.

1 Like

So after a couple weeks... mostly works, but pretty unreliable. :frowning_face:
Sometimes they work fine, othertimes... for no discernable reason HE thinks they've gone up or down, but they haven't moved. By "they" I mean a random blind, not a pattern as to which or how many fail to move.

It happens me every now & then but maybe 1-2 blind a week. I actually let my rule repeat after 10 mins one time, so eventually the blind that didn't open (or close depending on the rule), eventually gets fixed.

is there a newer firmware than 12.1?

Not currently. Versions above 11.3 have a new bootloader as well which is part of the reason we haven't provided version 12.1 for updates. Done incorrectly it will brick the motor.

11.3 should be quite stable however (all mine are still on 11.3 and haven't missed an automation in 1.5 years)

1 Like

Got 11.3 installed using the Z-Wave Firmware updater driver and both shades are now working well 100% of the time. Thank you @ZebraBlinds

1 Like

@ZebraBlinds I still have a few shade left, those are on 11.0 and fail to get updated. This is what I see. Any suggested fix?

Are they rollers?

Yeah, roller. All of mine are roller