(Resolved) Moving from Wink - Bali/Somfy Shade Woes in Hubitat. Help!

I definitely don't want to thread hijack, but I'm experiencing the same issue, with the 11.2 firmware on my shades when controlling from my hub. As I'm newly registered on the forums it seems I can't PM anyone directly, but I'm hoping someone can share the firmware file with me so that I can attempt to upgrade. @ZebraBlinds I see you've been very helpful for others thusfar.

You will have to work with ZebraBlinds for the firmware; other members can't share it due to NDA. ZebraBlinds folks are super helpful though; they may take some time to get back to you, but eventually they will!

As Yashvind mentioned an NDA will be involved. If you are fine with it I can help you out.

Hello, I really appreciate you replying @ZebraBlinds! I have no problem with signing an NDA, just let me know what you need.

Can I have your email address?

@ZebraBlinds A friendly nudge for assistance with the upgrade

Hmmm, could be a few motors with a different bootloader. I am only aware of newer motors with a different boot loader unfortunately (which shouldn't have the issue at all and wouldn't require the update). You might have to get those motors replaced after bugging them a bit.

I will give it a try but I doubt Spring Fashions will do anything. They don't even acknowledge that motors are upgradable.

If you get the right tech support and complain enough, you should be able to. Not ideal but not much I can do on my end either since it's not under our account.

Are you able to help us out also? We purchased around 10 blinds, Half seem to be at 11.2 and we get random stops with that version or they just stop responding until we kill the power. Hoping firmware will fix it. Calling tech support has not been much help. Thanks!

Pming, sorry for the delay

@ZebraBlinds I stumbled on this thread seeking the 11.3 firmware. I am happy to sign an NDA and whatever else is necessary to get the firmware, if you're still able to help.

Thanks in advance!

I guess add me as a "me too" here for @ZebraBlinds - I'm looking for 11.03 firmware for Somfy roller shades.

I do wish firmware updating on these wasn't such a "black ops" process and that we could simply share new firmware files with the community!

I'm sure you could obtain it by pming someone who's already done it.... Most here are good eggs that are always willing to help

@untergeek @andy10 You can email support@zebrablinds.com to get it going. Just link them to this post if they have questions.

2 Likes

@yashvind - I just tried to download your driver from the link in this thread and the file is gone. What driver are you using these days and can you share it please?

Which driver are you enquiring about - firmware uploader or the actual shade drive? If latter, I am using the default z-wave shade driver because I was able to upgrade the firmware of the shade

Ah, ok. You had mentioned earlier in the thread that you did some tinkering in Groovy to the dimmer driver and it seemed to help. But if you've since abandoned that, then nevermind.

Thanks for sharing all your experience in the thread - it was very helpful in troubleshooting my blinds.