[Request] Update Z-Wave discovery for Jasco Z-Wave Switches to choose correct driver

I e just installed one of these switches (Jasco 46562) and it still added it as a dual outlet. I did switch the driver to Generic Zwave Plus driver and the switch looks to be working, but I also now have two ghost child devices. So doesn’t look like the issue is fixed.
C8 hub running latest firmware.

The hub choosing the wrong driver won't create ghosts... Those are created when the Z-Wave inclusion process doesn't complete successfully.

Pull the air gap on the switch and then use the Remove button on the Z-Wave details page for each ghost and they should be removed from your hub.

2 Likes

I was able to remove the ghosts, but switching driver to “device”. However, I’m still having issue with finding a correct driver, as the switch isn’t reporting state properly. I’ve tried a few suggestions in this thread and still can’t get it working right.

Your switch is a Z-Wave+ switch. Select the Generic Z-Wave Plus Switch or Dimmer driver (whichever it is) on the device page.
2024-01-05 08_03_38-Hubs, Network, & Tech
2024-01-05 08_03_44-Hubs, Network, & Tech

3 Likes

And if still not reporting back after changing to the driver above, make sure and hit the Configure button on the driver details page.

3 Likes

Thank you guys, I changed to the generic driver and looks to be performing well. For some reason I thought that custom driver was the right driver for this switch.

1 Like

IMHO the best drivers for Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus switches & dimmers are @JasonJoel's drivers...but maybe let things ride for a bit before making a change to make sure things are settled down w/the generic drivers.

When you're ready to futz w/it again, these are the links to his Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus drivers:

3 Likes

Best is arguable - I'm a hack coder. But they are kind of handy if you want more features than the in-box driver. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very handy - really love them!

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I will use the generic zwave driver for now and will try the custom Enbrighten driver again later. I do like having the scene functionality that that driver adds.

1 Like

Some other nice things are:

...and his dimmer driver can turn a dimmer into a switch...like that as I can buy all dimmers and use them wherever I want to and change their functionality between a switch and a dimmer if I change the controlled bulb to a different type. Very cool.

1 Like

Oh that’s great, love it!

Now, just to confirm, my switch in question here, is the Jasco 46562 switch, not the enbrighten labeled switch, so these custom drivers are suppose to be still good for it?

GE Jasco/Enbrighten/UltraPro, etc., are all the same, just different packaging/marketing. :slight_smile: You can use Jason's Z-Wave Plus drivers w/all of those brands, as long as the particular model fits Jason's info on his driver compatibility w/switch/dimmer models.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell - this GE/Jasco is getting identified as as a dual outlet, fingerpint updates required I assume.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you!

can you switch the driver to device and click getInfo?, then past the actual fingerprint listed in live logs, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for following up on this, Mike.

That was a screen grab from @azmp above, so tagging him:

@azmp - can you do below, please:

1 Like

Thanks for following up guys @mike.maxwell here you go.

2 Likes

What Hubitat driver does this work with?
We have Generic Z-Wave outlet and Generic Z-Wave Plus Outlet
Thanks

Mike,
I have it currently set as Generic Z-wave plus switch and seems to be working. After initially it found it as a dual outlet, after cleaning up the outlet child nodes i tried using the Enbrighten custom driver and it wasnt reporting the state well, though the main function of the switch worked, so i changed it the Generic Z-wave plus switch driver.