Request that ZooZ 4-in-1 Sensor be removed from compatibility list (warn users when they add these devices)

One does not seem to bother. I'm assuming that the issue is when you get multiple they overwhelm the hub.

Thanks for the walk-through.

You don't say explicitly, but at this step when you re-joined the device using the UZB stick, did you:

• Use the special single button click options on the device to allow you to pick unsecured or SO?
  • Did the security dialog appear in the PC Controller app and allow you to uncheck all security? Or did it just default to no security, no security options offered?

Just want to confirm that you're proposing this as a general way to get any S0 device to join w/out security using a UZB-7 stick, or specifically speaking about Aeotec devices.

Thanks!

The "answer" posted more than a few times in many individual topics is: "Use a Secondary Controller (a ZWave USB Stick + SiLabs PC Controller) to do the Include part of joining a device. I don't remember reading details.. especially about the delay there is for Hubitat to update itself. Then, this question about the UZB-7 specifically came up and I decided to test + document.

Apparently not document enough though... for some. :smiley:

Many/most Aeon devices have their "Action button" to initiate a suite of features and options. One click, two, hold for 6 seconds, 20 seconds, etc. The PC Controller didn't offer me an option. It followed the Aeon. I only tried a single click for this, since why would anyone use a secondary to get S0 when Hubitat does that without help. :slight_smile:

This test was triggered by the notion that it's a function of 700 series that dictates a Security Bootstrap. It's not.

2 Likes

pming you

Same Question as JohnRob where do you download the PC Controller Software?

Thanks,

Jim

See the download link and info in the Ghost Procedure document below:

Ghost Removal w/UZB Stick - Who you gonna call?

1 Like

I just picked up a ZooZ 4-in-1 for use with my C-7. I'll probably leave it in the box until this gets sorted out. Or maybe I'll do as @lewis.heidrick has often suggested and get a UBZ-7.

2 Likes

hate to say it but when i switched over from st to hubitat i tossed my two 4-1 along with std zwave switches.. even when it did work it chewed through a set of batteries in weeks..

1 Like

From what I've read, I'd put it in a secure lead-lined container with a large boulder on top of it.

:wink:

2 Likes

I have 2 4-in-1s on a C-7. I also have a C-5 that I have that is not currently in use. I'm not really having any problems at the moment. I was thinking about moving them from the C-7 to the C-5 and using Hub Mesh. Mostly as an experiment and as a way of learning and testing hub mess. Anybody see any problems?

1 Like

I recently bought a C7 and was going to do a full migration but after seeing this thread decided to do exactly what you are saying. I shared out my two 4-in-1s along with 2 switches that will remain with the C5 as repeaters then exported my RM rules to the C7. Two days in and running great.

1 Like

A second hub is a great way to isolate questionable devices. Hub mesh or HubConnect are both great options for linking the two. Hub Mesh is super simple to get setup and HubConnect is a little more customizable just depends on what you're going for.

1 Like

Shockingly simple. Setup Hub Mesh sharing out four devices, exported 3 rules, imported 3 rules changing devices to those I shared, disabled rules in original hub. 5 minutes max.

Yup, my only concern with it is that they just released it and it hasn't had much time to get all the kinks ironed out yet. It should be fine but I like to give stuff a while to prove its self out before giving out blanket recommendations for something.

1 Like

Was going to buy my dad a c-7 for christmas, but other than some switches i have given him in the past, he has two 4in1 and 2 schlage locks. He can just keep using the Vera i gave him years ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved both my 4-in-1 sensors to my C-5. I'm using Hub Mesh to link my C-5 and C-7. I can not say the C-7 is running better but the 4-in-1's seem to work very well in the new environment. Simple to implement.

Hello, I also own 4 of the Zooz 4-in-1 sensors and a C7 HE. I purchased these from The Smartest House about a week before this post went up and the item was flagged for incompatibility with C7.
I took suggestions here, setup a secondary controller, and included the sensors as forced insecure (using Z-Way and a rpi).
The devices appeared in HE, discovered as the correct Zooz device and loaded the correct driver. But the sensors just flood my network and don’t seem to respect the motion retrigger interval. Instead I get multiple copies of the same message in my HE logs every 11 seconds. At some point sensors just keep transmitting active messages even when the room is empty and still for hours. Then the inevitable Z-wave network crash.
I’ve pulled batteries on the sensors for now. I’m out of ideas. I like the design and array of sensors. But I am unable make these things work.

1 Like

If you read this thread, you know at this point the solution is to bind a secondary z-wave switch to hubitat and use it to pair without security then remove the stick to allow the sensor(s) to connect to the rest of the mesh. This will solve your issue

Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I built a secondary controller, included it to the C7 Z-wave network, and used it to include the Zooz 4-in-1 in a forced unsecured mode. Others may have had luck doing this, but I did not see any different results. The sensors continue to take down my Z-wave network despite no longer being S0 devices in Hubitat.

[EDIT: missed the first letter of the quoted text, and it just changes the entire context of what was said.]

Ahh, I got it now. Hmm... so its showing none in security and you don't have any ghosts? If thats the case, try shutting down the hub from the settings menu. Unplug the power for 5 mins (at the outlet not the usb port) Power back up and then run a z-wave repair and see if that helps.