[Request] Dashboard Back Button

I have two home dashboards. One for my tablet and one for my phones. I have a bunch of child dashboards that I use with both of them, however putting dashboard button on them to go back to home only allows me to go back to the selected dashboard.

Would it be possible to add a previous dashboard button?

So, essentially a link tile with a an action of just go back in the browser one page?

For now, adding a link

javascript:history.go(-1)

will do this. Working on adding a label for the link tile template so you could name it anything.

5 Likes

Exactly. Awesome. Going to give this a try.

This release adds a back arrow in upper left that will take you to the menu of dashboards. Not exactly a "back" button but allows for easy navigation of cloud and lan dashboards.

3 Likes

For a future option, I'd like to be able to remove the new Menu link. I have a locked down dashboard on a tablet and I really don't want that dashboard to be able to link back to other dashboards.

Also, the Menu dashboard defaults to Cloud. Can't it remember where it was linked from and use local if that's the case?

Appreciate the feedback. We will look into how we can handle different use cases going forward.

I agree with this. My dashboards will also be locked down.

I have created a link tile on all my dashboards to go back to the previous dashboard (using JS code). It works perfectly but is not pretty as it shows the code. I'm hoping one day we will be able to change the text on a link tile.

For those that want it removed. Are you using the read only flag? If so, I could remove the read only flag or add an optional show back button option.

I think the optional show back button option would be the best.

1 Like

I have pretty simple dashboards and use Fully Kiosk and the Android back button to navigate, so I also would like the option to disable the new back button.

We just issued a hotfix for 1.1.1.113 that allows you to hide the back arrow if the dashboard is set to read only. This will eventually be moved to a separate option but for those that want closed dashboards, it makes sense to restrict the back button to read only. Since if its not read only, you can create a tile to essentially do the same thing.

1 Like

Looks like this trick was broken in the latest 1.1.3. When I upgraded it no longer worked.

I had to downgrade back to 1.1.2 because my hub was slowing to a crawl but just wanted to report this.

Hopefully we will be able to name the links too soon. :slight_smile: