Request (again) for access to Zigbee "Last message" fields

@bravenel I realize I started this topic back in June making nearly this same request. Your response then was that there was no mechanism in the hub to pass those times to apps, which I accepted, as the "Zigbee Details" page format led itself to a very easy screen scrape to get the info I wanted for all available devices.

Sadly, the 2.3.7 update to that page broke that, rather completely. :cry:

So, this second request: a mechanism to access the Last Message info, as it's shown on the "/hub/zigbeeInfo" screen. Best for me (and perhaps for you) would be an URL (like "/hub/zigbeeInfo/LastMessage") that would list the device IDs and "Last Message" time strings for all the devices on that screen, comma-separated, like the display for "/hub/advanced/freeOSMemoryHistory".

I'll understand if the answer's still "no", but you can't blame a guy for asking. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

+1

1 Like

/hub/zigbeeDetails/json

1 Like

This is the way to go if you need that information for now, yes.
I can add a way to get the value for a given device, probably not a high priority right now, though.

2 Likes

I hope for device.lastMessage property in a future update.
Also, device.messageCount would be very useful for troubleshooting...

1 Like

:astonished:

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit. That'll work just fine.

Thanks yet again, sir.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.