Replacement for SmartThings & Hoobs with Homekit integration?

I’ve had SmartThings running with Hoobs/Homebridge for 4+ years now. SmartThings seems to be dying, so I thought I’d try to get ahead of it with Hubitat.

My optimism is quickly fading. The Homekit integration says it doesn’t support locks, garage doors, and it doesn’t even work with my Govee lights. If can’t integrate these items with Homekit, I’m going to return my Hubitat.

Am I missing something? Can someone talk me off the ledge?

If you were using HOOBS previously, you could just keep using that (or plain Homebridge) with Hubitat; the limitations you're describing are for the built-in integration (and the reasons are described in that same document). There are a couple user Homebridge integrations you can use on Hubitat, and they should let you use nearly any device, similar to what you were doing before.

Here's one:

1 Like

I had Homebridge running before the Hubitat HomeKit integration and kept it for this very reason. I'm super happy with the way it functions, and also use to integrate my Ring cameras into HomeKit. I do keep an iMac running for this and my Echo Speaks server.

You can easily use virtual switches to control the garage door/locks from home kit. As for govee, they are supported by community driver available in Hubitat package manager.

I went with the suggestion to keep using Hoobs/Homebridge for the HomeKit integrations. It works fine with the Hubitat / Homebridge integration. Until/Unless the native Hubitat HomeKit integration supports all of these things, I’ll be using Hoobs.

Unfortunately that won’t happen until/unless Apple changes their policy re: restricting certain types of devices from being exposed to the Home app by HomeKit certified hubs (since Hubitat is trying to become HomeKit certified).