Repeated hub crashes with 2.2.5 on a C-5 hub

Neither the Restore function or downloading the build and restoring from file worked but thankfully using the Hubitat Diagnostics Tool to restore worked.

The Backup and Restore feature only backs up and restores your hub’s database, not the hub’s firmware/platform version. One has to use the Diagnostics Tool to revert firmware version. This is is a common source of confusion.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank you for the clarification.

I'll put a clearer version rollback vs. restore label on the backup and restore page.
Noticed the hub was rebooted ~1 hour after update to 2.2.7 - did it freeze at that time? If yes, were all devices affected (network, zigbee, z-wave) or just some and not others?

Agree I have 1 C3, 3 C4s, and 1 C7 on latest firmware with no issues.

4 Likes

I have 2 C-5's and a C-7 running with no issues so far, I just retired a C-4 but it is still working. I did have another C-4 die on me for some reason but it was clearly a hardware issue.

My C-5's are running Zigbee and Network/Cloud stuff, C-7 is for Z-Wave.. all on the latest firmware.

1 Like

No, it did not freeze at that time. When I noticed it was down was approximately 7:30PM EDT.