Remotec ZXT-800 IR Blaster (Z-Wave for AC & AV use cases)

I haven't bothered. I paired it with zwavejs on home assistant and it works pretty well there. I'm tired of trying to work around habitats quirks, bugs and slow adoption of new devices. Moving away from the platform at this point.

1 Like

The ZXT-800 does not work with the ZXT-600 driver for me and built-in Hubitat support is still missing. Only using it with the Conexum app on Android for the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Let's hope a driver will soon be available...

@thebearmay thoughts? Would your 310 driver work?

Have no idea really, but the source code is at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/STPorts/ZXT310.groovy so if it doesn't we can play with it.

1 Like

Added your driver for the 310 to my hub to try it out with the 800.

Tried comparing your buttons 0-9 to Remotec's manual. I cannot tell what command would be sent through the existing driver buttons, so I am not sure what I should be looking for on my AVR when triggering them manually from the device page.

Could you let me know how to test this properly?

Wish I could tell you, but never had the device to work with just did a quick port of the code for someone. Looks like the code simply acts as a way to push the buttons using HE and depends on the device already being trained.

1 Like

I am okay training the ZXT-800 with the manufacturer's app via Bluetooth, so was really just looking for something that can send button presses over Z-Wave with Hubitat.

Thanks for getting back to us.

just checking in to see if anyone managed to make this work with the Hubitat Hub? I have a fireplace I want to control.

1 Like

Yes , it use ZWave chip800 serial and it support bluetooth control . Download the code from cloude and make it more easy to find the code .
Existing ZXT-600 driver would be completely compatible with the ZXT-800 with AC part . The function of ZXT-600 has , it is the same ZXT-800. It can say , zxt-800 is a model of ZXT-600 upgraded version。

Anyone who want to get ZXT-800 driver of hubitat , please send me a message , it cannot copy the link to here .

1 Like

Hubitat driver ? After adding device to you hubiat , you can try to change device type and use ZXT-600 driver .

The ZXT-600 device, and therefore its Hubitat driver, only seem to support AC devices. I only bought the ZXT-800 for controlling my AV receiver.

Did you write a driver for the ZXT-800?

You can use it for other things, it has a learn function but it is setup up to be a thermostat. For an AV receiver I would recommend the Broadlink RM3 Mini.

For AV part , it doesn't have internal code , it needs get ir code from app or learning function , you can try if it can control you AV receiver by app . I am trying to rewrite the driver and will let you know when it finish.

I have used the manufacturer app for learning codes from the AV receiver's remote. Control through the app works when my smartphone is in the same room. But the Bluetooth connection is not strong enough to maintain control from other rooms.

A Hubitat driver for setting AV parameters would be great.

@bcopeland did you ever get your hands on a Remotec ZXT-800?

ZXT-800 hubitat driver

I have upload the driver , please try and see if it can work . If not work , send me the message or you can get in touch with Remotec osTicket :: Agent Login (remotec.com.hk)

ZXT-600 driver you can use below , I have try and it works ok .

1 Like

You can try my driver and see if it can work.

1 Like

Please try my driver .