[Released] Button Controller 3.0

That's been fixed also. Hot fix release coming soon...

1 Like

I’m not sure if this right or not. It seemed like in the previous BC, if I had a button that would toggle a light on push, then hold to toggle others as well, if the first was on, the hold would turn them all on, then another hold would turn them off. With the latest, it will turn the others on and turn off the first one. Was the BC of old setup to work that way and this function changed in the latest? It seemed like it would put them all in sync and toggle as a group, instead of toggling the exact state each was separately in.

@bravenel just an FYI in the support queue I sent screenshots of a button I can't select actions for any more.

I remember but can't find a thread about actions coming back when a button is removed and re-added... which I generally agree is nice... but in this case I can't recover because if I delete the button and re-add it, I still can't change the actions. This button is unavailable to me until you send a fix or give me a way to hack this out

It might be useful to have a checkbox to delete the associated actions, etc for dealing with this kind of problem :frowning:

1 Like

You can always delete the app instance, and recreate it.

I really hope that's not required. It took over 20 minutes to set up all the scene activations.

FYI, this bug gets even more interesting. When I went to bed last night I tried to use this wallmote to turn off the lights, and it appears that all the buttons are off by one. Button one (affected by this bug) does nothing, button two is doing the actions for button one, three is doing two's actions, etc. So this would appear to be a pretty significant config corruption.

What kind of device is this?

You can delete that single button on the main page, and rebuild it.

It's an aeon wallmote quad. So I could have up to 12 actions configured :frowning: I don't, but I have enough to make it non-trivial.

Naw, when you delete a button and then re-add it the actions return--as was discussed in another thread. Which I generally think is a good thing, but not for this scenario :upside_down_face:

@bravenel Can you divulge any more on the prospects of GV's in Button? I need to decide whether to shift some Button actions to RM if they are not on the somewhat-near-term roadmap. But, with a little hope, I'd wait.

How long are you willing to wait? Seriously though, there are some things in the works. May be available in 2.1.2, but that's not cast in stone yet.

1 Like

A 1.6 button controller rule that worked prior to the 2.1.1.122 update stopped working today. I deleted the rule and tried to recreate it. Although the GE switch still appears in the list, BC will not allow me to create the rule. The GE switch is using a user driver by @JasonJoel which exposes the double tap capability. This worked extremely well in prior firmware versions.

There was nothing in this release that affected BC 1.6. In what way will BC not allow you to create the rule?

Here is a screenshot. There is no provision for creating button actions,

I just tried it again and had the Create button acton button but as soon as I press it that button goes away and I am left with the above screenshot.

@bravenel I just did a soft reset and a restore to make sure it wasn't something necessarily local. I get the same results. I will try restoring to the previous firmware and testing again.

The device is not publishing numberOfButtons. It has to have that attribute set. BC thinks your device has zero buttons.

@bravenel This is how I opened the door for the last month and a half including yesterday. Here is screenshots of the BC 1.6 that was working.

Here are the events I just triggered.

BC 1.6 did not rely on that attribute. BC 3.0 does. You could also just use RM to do this.

Or you can modify to driver to give it the numberOfButtons attribute, or get the author to do so.

I'll try to do a quick update and get numberOfButtons added to the driver. Just need to find the time.

My mistake. That event is required, per the button capability documentation - I missed it.

EDIT: OK, I updated the GE-Jasco Z-Wave Plus Switch and GE-Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer drivers on github. If you do a configure, or update parameters, it should create the numberOfButtons events...

Let me know if it works, as I don't have time to actually test it right this minute...

2 Likes

This was a confluence of issues. The batteries must have been marginal and when the double tap 1.6 app didn't work, I assumed it had been today's update. I rolled back to the previous firmware and restored yesterdays backup. After replacing batteries the BC 1.6 app works Thanks for your attention and sorry to be a pain.

1 Like

Could the BC app only list button devices that expose usable buttons. Once you choose a device from the list that isn't controllable and push the Add button action, that app is broken and you must remove and start again.