[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver)

What "extra buttons" are you looking for? The button event names and values (button numbers) that you'd be looking for when configuring any app are detailed by a diagram int he first post. It looks like the last action you performed on the device at the time you took your screenshot was a triple tap of the large/top button, which as diagrammed gets translated into "button 15 pushed," for example. (I know this is a bit confusing, but Hubitat doesn't have a native "quntuple-tapped a button" event, so it's a bit of math to make it all work with the standard pushed, held, and released events. :slight_smile: )

That is what you'd be looking for when trying to configure a "trigger" for a specific event in any app.

The "extra buttons" aren't showing up in this app. I'm on mobile now but here's some screenshots. The triple tap was me including it back in after the 10.30 update. The only one showing up is master bedroom main lights which is the big button relay.

There is only one device, not one for each button. The buttons are distinguished as mentioned above, based on the event name (pushed/held/released) and button number (1-25). The on/off commands basically apply only to the big button since it's what actually can (or not) control a directly-attached load, but otherwise everything is basically applicable to the device as a whole.

It will show up as whatever you named it when/after pairing the device, or as whatever you might change it to later on the device detail page. Sounds like it should be "Master Bedroom Main Lights" for you? If so, choose it in that list, then enter the appropriate button number (see first post in thread) and event name (assuming SAR lets you use something besides push, which I don't remember off the top of my head...) for the real-world action you want it to correspond to.

Got it working. Used the native driver tho. Seems to work well. Thanks.

That works! The native driver maxes out at double taps, so the biggest reason you might want a custom driver (I think it does have most other features mine does...) is if you want all five for each button. They work similarly other than using different event values for the multi taps, as indicated above.

I saw that. I'd be able to tap x5. Not sure I need that many combos on that switch for right now but do appreciate the work put in as always. A few more color options than the restaurant crayon 4 pack would be nice but hey, what can you do.

Hey all, I have a C7 and am using the (outstanding!) @bertabcd1234 community driver with my new ZEN32, which I upgraded to the latest firmware 10.30 (and it reports as such). I also excluded and reincluded after the update (this is not my first rodeo, although it is with this particular device).

Is anyone else on 10.30 having an issue with the flash command using setindicator? I'm trying to make LED 1 flash. If I select "on" or "off" for the mode* it works as expected (so it's responding to the broader setindicator command in the driver OK), but if the mode* is "flash" it .. doesn't flash. It just stays on.

This happens both using the setindicator settings in the device (selecting flash from the dropdown) or in a 5.1 rule. All my parameters are, I think, OK - (1, flash, 20,50, 20)

I'm mystified, would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!

If you want a uniform on/off pattern leave the third parameter blank, if you set the first and 3rd the same it doesn't work at all. Just tested it myself and 20,50,20 does not work, but 20,50 does.

I think that's the key, too. I'll call them the third and fifth parameters since that's what they are in my implementation of the command. The third is the total length of the (on/off) period, and the fifth is the length of the "on" portion of the period, so if you set them to the same, it will probably be solid. On a related note, I never tested either since it doesn't make sense to try to me, but if you make the fifth larger than the third, I'm not sure what will happen either (my guess is either the same or an unexpected but mathematically logical duration with the "rollover" time).

That was exactly it and it works perfectly now. I had misunderstood and assumed the 3rd parameter was time off and 5th was time on per "flash".

I had actually tried 5,50,20 this afternoon as well, and it didn't seem to work either - the led just stayed on, so I can confirm that's what happens if the second number is bigger than the first.

Those of us who won't have to chase the dog down the street because we didn't notice the "gate open" warning lights thank you both for your rapid and exactly right responses! :slight_smile:

Robert

Great Driver. I did discover on issue. For buttons 1 and 2 double tap does not work. If you triple tap you get switch performs the double tap operation. If you tap 4 times the switch performs the triple tap operation. I have not tested buttons 3 and 4.

Button 5 works fine for single tap, held, double tap, and triple tap. Have not tested 4 and 5 taps on button 5.

Let us know if you put out a updated driver.

Thanks,

I use button 2 double tap to activate a scene, it works. It does not come across as a "doubleTapped" however, it is a different button number. There is a diagram on the first post showing what button numbers to use in your rules.

2 Likes

You where right. I went back and checked my button selections. I had selected the wrong buttons for the double and triple taps. Everything works. Even holding button 1 for raising the lights.

It's a very slick driver. Thanks for the quick response and the contributing the driver.

Just started using the Hubitat C7. Spent some time with "Button" canned apps. I noticed jtp10181's driver for the Zooz ZEN32 scene controller. Wow this guy is talented.
I read some web stuff about importing driver apps, but I am lost in trying to import jtp10181 ZEN32 driver that would allow me access to additional Zen32 features.
Can anyone provide me help in the process of importing a new driver app and the proper file format required to allow import?
Don

I'm not aware of him having a custom driver for the ZEN32, but I do (first post in this topic/thread you posted in). Hubitat has a built-in driver, and if you don't need any features it doesn't provide (e.g., more than two taps on each button), it should work for you. He may have something too.

To install a custom driver, regardless, you'll need to go to "Drivers Code" and add the code as a new driver, whether by copy and paste or using the Import button and a "raw" URL. Then, if you've already added the device to the system, you'll need to switch the driver to the new one on the device detail page. That's the basic overview. This doc has more, or you can ask about any specifics step if you get stuck: How to Install Custom Drivers | Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

Thank you sir. Appreciate your prompt and helpful reply.

My ISY994i went belly up, so I decided to try my luck with the Hubitat C7. I must say I find it more challenging trying to program using trigger and action rules on the Hubitat.
I have been working and failing on this one task for a whole day now and I've decided to ask for a little help.

I have a ZEN31 RGBW Dimmer. I have connected 3 separate strings of ALL WHITE LEDs to the ZEN31, one string connected to the Green output, another to the Red output and the third to the Blue output.

I also have a ZEN32 Scene Controller that I want to use to control each of the LED strings. I want ZEN32 Button #1 to control the LED string connected the ZEN31 Green output, Button#2 to control the ZEN31 Red output and Button #3 to control the ZEN31 Blue output.

What I am trying to accomplish is to simply press Button#1 and cause the LEDs on the ZEN32 Green output to ramp up in intensity. Press Button#1 again and the LEDs ramps down in intensity. The same goes with the other Button/RGB combinations. I have written what I though were a variety of logical rules to make this happen, but obviously I'm missing something.

So can someone give me a working example on how I can get this to work properly.

Are you using my driver (linked to in the first post) and have a question about it specifically, or is this a duplicate post? Happy to help with any driver question and whatever ZEN32 issues I can, but I don't have the ZEN31 RGBW dimmer to know how to do anything on that.

As I said Iā€™m new at this, so I decided to use the default drivers offered by Hubitat.

Zooz RGBW Dimmer Driver