[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver)

If you are using my driver, the button numbers and events are described in the first post. For example, a double tap of the large button is "button 10 pushed." if you are using Hubitat's driver, I don't think you will get more than double taps for any physical action.

Thanks - I see it now. I was thinking of the button in the physical sense - of which there are only 4. But I see now that I should actually pretend that the values in the first post's diagram are 'real' buttons and not just values sent to the device manager on a button press. Thanks for the clarification!

great driver! finally got it setup to change mode, turn lights on and off as well as report status to the leds! thanks! one question for anyone out there.. have you been able to update the firmware? I have added and extra huszb-1 stick as a secondary controller to the C4 via the Simplicity Studio .. it finds all the devices and infact gets the firmware version of the zen32.. and tries to write the new firmware, but it eventually times out. with the "status: unable to recieve=0x01" Anyone else attempted it?

I updated with zwave stick prior to bringing into hubitat with no issue.

I have a feeling that I may need to do that.. exclude it.. update and then reinclude.. problem is.. set up a bunch of automations I dont want to loose.

Have you tried the firmware update driver? You will need the binary version for the ZEN32 (not linked in the original main post). BTW you might still have to re-include the device after updating it. Happens with a lot of Zooz devices they factory reset themselves after updates. There is a trick to swap the DNI so you dont break automations.

Main Post: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Binary version:

You could always add a dummy virtual device to the automations temporarily, then later remove once you add the ZEN32 back.

@bertabcd1234, Instead of trying to make my own driver at this time, I just did a pull request for an update that adds indicator command class support. https://github.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/pull/6

• This support was added in a newer firmware version, I think you need at least 10.03
  • This came about from the community wanting better control over the LED lights.
  • Unfortunately right now when you use it, the LED is always white instead of your currently selected color. I have brought it up with Zooz already, along with still trying to get it so the flashing of the LED when parameters change could be disabled.

If you mouse over the flashSettings it gives some basic instructions.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates! I will take a look later. I've just asked Zooz for the new firmware so I can actually test this (I figured you requested it but had no idea they actually released it!). Seems unfortunate that it doesn't use the color settings...

Also, I might leave the command class versions as-is (backwards compatible and no reason to change if you're not using new features, IMHO, and for things like on/off in a Basic, I'm definitely not!) or re-think how the new functionality is implemented (I think I'd prefer discrete parameters in the method? less chance of typo errors and whatnot...), but I'll play around with it first. :smiley: Thanks again!

Yeah I was not to sure how the whole command class versions thing worked, but I guess that makes sense to use the lowest version you need for the features you are using. As long as the device can accept that version which is another thing I am never sure of exactly.

As for the parameter, I was just trying to make it not have too many parameters so I combined those 3 into one comma list, but it could be done either way.

I am still trying to get Zooz to have it use the current color which is why I never posted this but I figured might as well get it out there for now.

Hi, I am relatively new and trying to figure out how to add this to my Zen 32. I have the code listed in drivers code area but cannot figure out how to add it to the switch driver.

The code above is the driver. To use this driver on a device, navigate to Devices (from the left-side menu of the hub interface), then open the page for your ZEN32 device. Scroll down to Type under Device Information, then choose this driver from the list. It will be under "User Drivers" and happens to be named "Zooz Scene Controller (ZEN32)," as you'll see in the Drivers Code screen.

Thanks, I will give it a try. I am assuming you are pretty knowledgeable about this switch. I have three 8' LED strip lights in my garage. I installed Zooz Zen51 relays in each light. The light switches are 3 way. I wired per Zooz. What I am trying to do is setup the Zen32 1-4 buttons to control individual lights with the top button to control all three and set up so when the garage door is opened one light comes on instead of all three. Everything is kind of working except I have about a 5 second delay when turning on the lights. With smart switches shouldn't there be voltage through the neutral at all times? I do not have voltage at the relays when the lights are off. So, it will not work to turn on the lights when the door is opened. Wondering if this switch isn't going to work for this application since there is still a mechanical switch in the circuit? I was told by Zooz it would work.

I've never used this with a relay (or the ZEN51 at all), but if it's not actually cutting power to the load/relays, it seems like that should work. If it is cutting power, I could see that being an issue, but I'm guessing yours isn't and is just connected ti the "switch" input on the relays, in which case I assume this should work similarly to a dumb switch and cause the relay to toggle (without much of a delay, though there is still a slight delay from the ZEN32 since it has to wait to see if you're doing a multi-tap or not--but I think under a second and not noticeable to me).

You might want to start another thread on this issue so it doesn't get buried in discussion of the driver.

Version 2.0 of the driver has been released. Changes:

• Added support for "Indicator" command class, including the ability to turn the LEDs on or off (without changing a parameter and causing the green blink) or create a blink/flash effect
  • Recommend at least firmware 10.10 for ZEN32 (or setIndicator() will not work; everything else should back to original firmware)

I finally got around to testing the Indicator command class support that @jtp10181 also implemented above (thanks!), though in a slightly different format (if you use his branch now, you'll need minor modifications to use my setIndicator() command instead).

There are now two ways, it appears, to just turn the LED on or off--the parameter method in setLED() or the Indicator method in setIndicator(). I'd prefer the latter myself because it avoids the oddity that the big button's LED flashes green three times any time a parameter gets changed--but it does require recent device firmware. The "flash"/blink functionality is new with Indicator, so that's the only way if you want that. Again, anything with setIndicator() requires at least firmware 10.x, likely 10.10, which is what I tested on.

4 Likes

I just sunset my ST (SmartThings) Hub and brought everything over to HE (Habitat C7). I had the ZEN32 (FW10.10) LED's working in ST and have been having trouble in HE. Looks like my timing is good for doing this.

I've been struggling with the 'Zooz Scene Controller (ZEN32)' and have not figured out the right combinations of pull downs to get the LED's to work within RuleMachine. They work fine from the Device's main page

I see that v2.0 of the driver is released and I'm hoping it addresses my issues.
I'm new here and I don't see a link to it.
Where can I get a copy of the driver?

Thanks

There is a link in the first post in thus thread (the little green pop-up scrollbar that will appear is usually an easier way to get there than the one in your browser in this forum software, Discourse, but either way should work).

That being said, regardless of driver, it's important to get the parameter order, types, and values correct in Rule Machine. Feel free to ask more about that if you still have troubles!

1 Like

Thank you. WoW Flashing LED's !! Nice.

But, I'm not wrapping my head around how to set up the code.
Since I'm new here, I'm not able to attach a screen shot.

In screen --> Select Actions to Run
Select capability of action device -> Button
Select Button devices to act on -> Hall Controller
Select custom command -> setLED
parameter type -> string
string value -> 3, 'red', 100

Here is what it shows for the resulting command -> setLED('3, 'red', 100') on Hall Controller

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks

Looks like you're using a single string value instead of three distinct parameters: number, string, number.

1 Like

That was the ticket.

I did not see the you could add parameters.

Thank you

1 Like