[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver)

I get the above error in the log when attempting to test my rule.

IF (Entryway Lights(on) is on(T) [TRUE]) THEN
setLED('1,white,0') on Bird Room Switch
ELSE
setLED('1,white,100') on Bird Room Switch
IF ( FALSE)

You are using a single string parameter. You need to use three separate parameters of type number, String, and number, in that order, each with the appropriate values (LED number, color name, and level, respectively).

Awesome! Ok. That makes sense. I understand now.
Thanks for your help!

Just throwing it out there, but I would kill for the driver to allow me to set Association groups (similar to how Innovelli's Red Series drivers allow for Group 2 to be set). I started using association because of those red series switches and it is amazingly reliable and fast, moreso than any other sort of rule engine products I've used. Plus it's nice that it all still works even if your hub gets destroyed or is in the middle of rebooting, etc.

Side note that I tried the generic Inovelli association app to do this, and it didn't seem to work (plus it only supports a small number of groups, nowhere near enough for this switch!).

Yeah, Inovelli's app requires the driver to implement specific commands to set the associations (which all of Inovelli's drivers do). It wouldn't be too hard to add those here, though I'm not sure what to do if their tool maxes out at group 5 (which it looks like it does but this one appears to use up to 11) except, I suppose, let you use the commands directly from the driver page to do whatever it is yourself. I didn't do this because I don't really use Z-Wave Association myself (much less on a device with this many possibilities for it!) and it's a bit of extra work I'd have a hard time testing, but I'll consider it.

Try this ZWave Tweaker driver I ported from ST (and just finally posted). You can set regular and multi-channel associations from it. It has a pretty rough interface for now. You just install it as a custom driver, switch your device to it, and then switch it back when you are done.

Eventually I want to convert it into an app where you can select the device you want to configure from a drop-down menu.

BTW @bertabcd1234 feel free to borrow the code from my Zooz drivers for the associations if you want (I borrowed it and adapted it from the Zooz ST drivers). Although with 11 groups you might want to do it from a single command instead of having many preference settings. I was going to make a driver for this ZEN32 myself but you beat me to it. I left for a vacation right after I got mine in the mail.

2 Likes

Nice, thank you for this pointer! As @bertabcd1234 pointed out, the Inovelli tool stops at group 5 which makes it a no-go, so I'm happy there's another option! Appreciate it and this driver :slight_smile: .

Thanks to @jtp10181 for a couple suggestions/fixes: I've updated the driver to zero-pad the firmware subversion as needed (so 1.1 will now display as 1.01, which is how most manufacturers advertise them; this should be less confusing) and fix a typo I made when trying to send a BasicGet, which would only be run when manually doing a refresh().

1 Like

Okay, I’m not sure where I’m going wrong here. I’ve set a separate rule to change the led color of the Zen32 buttons based on the on or off state of a switch.
The rule turns the Led red for off or blue for on.
However, it will only turn the led red. It flashes each time the state of the switch is changed, but remains red. What have I done wrong?

Looks like you're using strings instead of numbers for the first and third parameter types in the second setLED() call and the third parameter in the first. I can modify the driver to convert these better (you'll get unexpected results for some strings right now) or throw an error, which I don't think you'll get in most cases as-is, but that would be my recommendation.

Okay, that was it. My bad, I noticed that but swear I used a number.
One other weird thing is led on button 5 (the main relay) flashes as the led 1 color is updated. This is annoying. Why is this?

Yes, that is a quirk in the current (or at least original?) firmware:

[EDIT: Nevermind, that was a different problem; I guess a quick flash is expected when changing any parameter?]

I just received FW 10.0 today. I don’t know when 10.0 was released, but it contains this bug.

I think there was a mix-up here. You may be seeing a flash on the main button since it confirms a setting has been changed. The bug we were addressing was relevant to the LED's not working correctly in smart bulb mode. We haven't received any reports of the advanced setting confirmation flash to be an issue. Are you not seeing the flash when changing other settings?

Can you confirm what the current latest firmware iss for this device. When i check the site it currently says v10.0 which sees like quite a jump. The new controller got a little bit ago is v 1.1 which is not in the matrix at all. I am also wondering why we are limited to just Red, Green, Blue, and White.It seems you should be able to provide more color options and frankly with 5 buttons only 4 colors seems a bit limited.

Can confirm 10.0 is correct. They made similar changes to all the 700 series devices and bumped all the versions to 10, not sure why. You have to put in a support ticket to request the file.

@agnes.zooz would have to comment on the color choices.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the colors. If you have some more ideas for colors to be available for selection, please send them my way and we'll try to add the to a future update!

Great sale - I ordered one of the Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Scene Controller Switch ZEN32.

Wondering if this switch / driver will work on my C4 hub?

I only tested on a C-5 and a C-7, but there's no reason it shouldn't work on a C-4 too (same Z-Wave implementation as the former).

Thanks Robert. I'll give it a go when the item arrives. I created a virtual device and that seems to work. Odd though the device screen says it has 25 buttons.