[RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

Removing the motor from the hub and pairing is again is the last thing that you can try... Although, these devices do not require this procedure, as it is obligatory for some other Tuya-based devices..

I checked the implementation of TS0601 _TZE200_zah67ekd again in Z2M and ZHA - nothing special or unique if compared to the rest of the Zemismart motors... What I see from the logs is that the commands to open/close are confirmed (ACK'ed) by the device, but actually are not performed.

Sorry, I am out of ideas at the moment.

No worries. Thank you so much for your time. I will try to re-pair it again and see if it helps. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

1 Like

BTW, yesterday I was experimenting with a new Zemismart M1 Matter hub and Apple Home.
Tuya is working toward bridging the Tuya Zigbee devices to Matter.

It kind a works.. but there are still a lot of problems to be solved and bugs to be fixed from both sides probably.

This is my Zemismart Curtain Robot exposed to Apple Home via Zemismart M1 Matter hub:

It's not working very well .... yet.
But all we hope the bugs will be fixed and some day these Tuya-specific devices will be available also in Hubitat via Matter.

1 Like

What Zigbee channel and power level is everyone using for this device driver? TIA

Is there any way to get the battery level reported with these motors?

Some motors will report the remaining battery percentage, but others will not. It depends on the model/manufacturer.
If your device sends battery reports to the hub, the driver should handle it.

strange for me this driver work:

for this blind:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5WFVGVH

but your driver here does NOT :(...

Do you mean just the battery level reporting for your device is not working, or the open/close... etc commands?

I’d like to move my zigbee blind curtain and roller blind motors (which are working brilliantly using this driver) over to the new Zemismart matter over thread devices. The idea being this will remove one of my 2.4GHz interfering networks as well as improving my thread mesh. Does anyone know whether this driver works with the matter over thread Zemismart devices? Or whether it’s even needed with Hubitat when the device supports Matter I.e. is the a generic Matter blind and curtain driver?

I suppose you mean some of the Matter certified Zemismart devices that use Thread as a communication protocol :

These will pair with Hubitat as a standard Matter device, and you should be able to use HE, inbuilt Matter drivers. Currently, I do not see a Generic Matter Shade driver, but there is a SmartWings Matter Shade driver, which most probably works with the Zemsmart motors. There will be custom Matter drivers coming from the community very soon as well, so I think it is relatively safe to go with your choice of the new generation Thread devices.

I can recommend for the Zemismart Thread devices to use the Zemismart M1 Matter bridge as a Thread Border Router (TBR). It is not obligatory to use this TBR, theoretically the Zemismart Thread devices should be commissioned as a Matter device using any other brand TBR (Apple HomePod mini as example), but I am pretty sure that some extra features and Zemismart/Tuya specifics will be available for configuration from the Smart Life app only... :frowning:

As a bonus, using the Zemsismart M1 hub, or any other (and cheaper) Tuya-based Matter bridges, you will have the option to bring other Tuya Zigbee devices to HE via the Matter Bridge functionality (custom driver for HE in in development now).

thanks kkossev, so I already have a bunch of ancient (six months ;-)) tuya Zigbee based curtain and zemismart zigbee motors that I'd be replacing. It sounds like the Zemismart M1 would be a good option for these in a migration to matter. The reason for the change would be to build out my Thread mesh (assuming the mains powered Thread devices would act as repeaters and hopefully make it more reliable). The downside with changing anything is your Zemismart driver has been flawless.

1 Like

@kkossev, one question about the Zemismart M1... So I recently purchased a second C-8 hub for an outbuilding that has a couple of Tuya Zigbee blinds in it. Its a bit of a pain (more managment, hub mesh etc) for just a couple of devices but the building is way out of range from the first C-8 in my home. If I was to go with the M1 then I could potentially lose the second C-8 in the outbuilding. The M1 would then expose the existing Tuya battery powered zigbee blinds via Matter to the main C-8. When you use the M1, what driver(s) do I use on the first C-8 for the device connected via the M1 matter hub?

The Zemismart M1 and Hubitat hubs must be on the same TCPIP LAN to connect via Matter.
Matter Bridge drivers are still in development, I expect mine to be ready for public release in a couple of weeks from now.

Done. I've ordered one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have pushed version 3.4.0 (2024-03-02) into the developments branch on GitHub. There are a lot of refactoring changes in the code, hopefully nothing is broken.

While working on the Matter Bridge support for Tuya/Zemismart motors, I still have the possibility to add new Tuya models to this driver.

After the Matter Bridge public release (hopefully after 2 weeks), and if it works reliably - this driver will be retired and no new models will be added. It became too complicated and time-consuming to be further extended with new Zemismart models.

hi @kkossev (Krassimir), thanks for all you work on the Tuya/Zemismart driver over the years - its been fantastic.

Just to I've understood your comment above correctly (regarding future support for the original driver) are you now expecting people to move these devices over to the Matter Bridge (for instance the Zemismart Matter Hub) where this will be the conduit between the device e.g. Zigbee Roller Blind and Hubitat?

1 Like

Hi @Creeps ,

There is no need to move the existing devices that work OK when paired directly to the HE hub.
.... I was hoping, that I could retire from adding new Zemismart branded Tuya curtain motors to this driver, as the Tuya bridge seemed to be the easiest solution. Unfortunately, it turned out that whether a Zigbee device is exposed via the Tuya bridge is a lottery again - some motors will be exposed via the bridge, but some models will not... :frowning: And these 'Zemismart' blind drivers/motors that are exposed via the bridge using the Matter protocol have the same 'specifics' (a.k.a. bugs) as when paired directly via the Zigbee interface. Nothing has changed in the Tuya world ... : (

Hi,

i have problem with my blind controller in wall box.

with generic zigbee drivers, I can manage level and I can use via dashboard, but i have problem with end and start point are not repeatable.

when i use zemismart zigbee blind driver end and start point is ok but i cannot manage level and i cannot use via dashboard.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • inClusters: 0004,0005,0006,0102,E001,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_e3vhyirx
  • model: TS130F
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

this is my controller, the best will be combine generic driver with time calibrate.

Hi @damianPL ,
I checked the code and yes, you are right - setting position (level) is currently not supported for TS130F controllers. Only the fully open / fully close commands are supported.

I don't know when I will be able to add support for setLevel commands for TS130F devices, so for now what you can do is to use this driver only for calibration, and then switch back to the stock driver.

I hope soon :).

with generic driver is not good enough sometime blind not back to top.
but I will still testing.
When you add please inform I will testing.

1 Like