[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

I'm going to have to do a bit more research here ..

1 Like

@bcopeland,

Am updating a Zooz ZEN27 switch. The device details shows Sent last fragment. Waiting on device....

Been sitting there for a while. Is it still processing in the background or is it hung up?

Has it not sent the newer firmware to the device at this stage yet so it would be safe to abort, or do I need to wait for a little while longer?

1 Like

If it is hung at that point .. then the device likely never sent the response saying it is completed.. In the beta testing we experienced this with 1 other device.. But the device did complete the update, just never reported back that it completed..

1 Like

It could also be one of the few zooz that drop off the network when firmware update is complete.. I am not familiar enough with all their models yet to know if it is one of those..

This is what the devide page shows:

I did notice a blue light on the switch which was not there before. It is solid and not blinking. Been sitting like this for a little more than 20 minutes.

1 Like

So you think it would be safe to change the driver back and test it out? Worse case is I would have to replace it LOL.

I just wanted to make sure that it was not doing something still.

1 Like

Yes at this point it is safe.. Actually at pretty much any point.. There is a ton of checks and balances built in to the z-wave firmware update process... I have not bricked a device yet, even with the early pre-alpha versions of the code..

2 Likes

All that talk above about no guarantees and stuff is just to prevent someone from trying to hold me legally accountable for a device failure

1 Like

Updating an Inovelli Red Series switch went perfectly, except...I should have warned the wife beforehand.
Frantic yell from the other side of the house- "Honey, there is a blinking blue light by the front door and I forgot what that is supposed to mean!"

Great job!

6 Likes

That is great :rofl: Gotta keep up that WAF

3 Likes

I get it lol. Well the device quit responding, so I force excluded it and it joined right back up. Haven't checked yet to see if the firmware actually updated or not...

1 Like

Looks like that is one of the models in question,.

It should have the new firmware

Does the VersionReport command in your driver return the firmware version?

1 Like

In theory it should.. But I’m a little concerned since yours never cleared it’s memory since it never got a status.. Make sure to click abort process before clicking version

Otherwise it may start flashing again

Yeah I did that. I tried VersionReport and it in fact updated the version....

Plus now I remember that the updated firmware causes the ZEN27 to join as the Zooz Central Scene Dimmer. When I added it again, that is what it came up as. The old firmware did not do this.

Long story short, it's all good!

4 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Where did you get the latest firmware version for the ZEN27?

1 Like

Contact zooz support.. they are great and respond fast..

http://www.support.getzooz.com/new

3 Likes

Heck, its probably outdated. I got it from Zooz about 6 months ago or so. I had two switches. Updated one back then and the other tonight.

1 Like